Honesty pays, with pics

CanadianCRH

May 16, 2011
A few days ago a bank teller I deal with often gave me $100 too much and I pointed it out to her. She was very gratefull and has been super nice since. Today she called me and told me one of the other tellers had been holding on to a really old coin for awhile and that she convinced her to give it to me ;D. Turns out it was a 1872 Newfoundland fifty cent coin (I'm from Canada) .. Awsome :laughing7:

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).PNG
    photo 1 (1).PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 453
  • photo 2 (1).PNG
    photo 2 (1).PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 0

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I think your the only Canadian CRHer on here, or at least that I have seen. I heard a while back the your government culls silver. Is that true? And if so do you do just CWR? How is up there for silver? How have u done?

Thnx

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes Canada culls silver.

A friend of mine works for Brinks in Canada and said they have a sorter that pulls the silver before the sorter that rolls the coins.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin! Very good of you to be honest about the $100 :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

CanadianCRH

May 16, 2011
You know, I've been wondering the same thing.. ha. I am pretty new to this, only been searching for a bit more then a month or so, but here's what I do know. I always get pretty good scores with cwr, I have had 2 semi dream bundles (1 had 30 silver dimes in 4 rolls and the other had 116 in 7 rolls) and am averaging 2-3 dimes in $250 boxes.. as for government rolls, I don't know. Sometimes I get rolls that are very tightly wrapped and clearly wrapped by a machine. Sometimes I get totally skunked on those, and sometimes I get about 1 dime a box..

Also, when I do pennies I usually average 35%-40%, considering that we had copper pennies till 1996 that makes sense though.

As for quarters I have never gotten any...

Thanks! HH

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wonder how CRH would be in Canada. Do you get charged when you buy rolls or dump searched rolls?

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
awesome find!!! big congrats! i too have a question...do CoinStar machines up there reject US coins? keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
C

CanadianCRH

May 16, 2011
When I order coins I get bad results so I usually only do cwr, so no, there's no fee. I dump all my coins in coin counters at my bank for free, and they take US coins at par.

OP
OP
C

CanadianCRH

May 16, 2011
Is there anyway some here could post a pic of a stack of clad halves with a 40er and a 90er mixed in? That would help me a lot, I want to try to search us halves but don't know what to look for. Thanks a ton. HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice old find, I do not know how rare those are in canada, but I know if I got an 1872 half it would be incredibly rare, also nice pictures!! Nice to see how someone from Canada does considering a whole different country!

HH!
BuffaloBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread