for you dime searchers

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
For those of you that don't know...I had to look it up

A most unusual entry in the Roosevelt Dime series is the 1996 issue from the West Point Mint. This was included in the Mint's Uncirculated Set for that year, and it commemorates the 50th anniversary of this coin type's debut. In addition to its novelty as the only dime bearing a 'W' mintmark, the West Point location is not far from the Roosevelt Estate at Hype Park where the late FDR and wife Eleanor were laid to rest.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
mdockter said:
For those of you that don't know...I had to look it up

A most unusual entry in the Roosevelt Dime series is the 1996 issue from the West Point Mint. This was included in the Mint's Uncirculated Set for that year, and it commemorates the 50th anniversary of this coin type's debut. In addition to its novelty as the only dime bearing a 'W' mintmark, the West Point location is not far from the Roosevelt Estate at Hype Park where the late FDR and wife Eleanor were laid to rest.

... And it is the lowest mintage circulation strike Roosevelt.

I've never found one. But it doesn't stop me from searching. Same goes with the 1969 s double die cent. One was found by a CRH'er out of a box about 10 years ago. $100,000k+ coin

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I strictly rim search for silver. I can't imagine date checking dimes....uuuhhhggg that sounds like such work,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread