Nasty coins

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
This is the third time that I have bought penny CWRs from the same bank. This time only $30, but at least 8 of the rolls were full of nasty crusted over coins that look like they had sat at the bottom of a lake for 20 years. They are no where close to having good dates, most are so bad that they could be foreign for all I know. Does anyone else run into this? Should I complain to the bank about it? I can't dump them back into the coin machine and I'm not a jerk so I won't re-roll them and stick some other guy with them. I get a lot of good halves and dimes from this branch so I don't want to whine about it, but it is starting to tick me off. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 rolls were nasty? Thats $4... I would be very happy to get a bunch of rolls like that! Throw them into a coin counter if you are that upset

OP
OP
papa1956e9

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
You WOULD be happy to get a bunch of rolls of rusty, crudded over coins? I seriously doubt that you would be happy to keep getting these rolls of coins like I have been. The machine will just reject them so I can't do that. Its not about the money i know its just $4, its just getting annoying.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
These sound like crappy metal detector found zincolns. I have several jars of these I dont know why I bother digging them or keeping them

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
Roll them up and bring em to your dump bank?

I suppose you could clean them up if you're that worried about it. Rubbing with baking soda and hot water works well to get dirt off.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I just bought a bag that was going back to the fed [$50 rolled pennies ] they looked like they were at the bottom of a wishing well which is quite possible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions