Bag of Dimes, Box of Nickels. Really nice on the nics, key date!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Got a $500 bag of dimes and a box of nickels today. Dimes were a skunk :( My first skunk for a bag here. Oh well.

Nickels were a much different story! Got two war nickels -- 1944P and 1945P as well as about 20 pre-1960s. But the real excitement was a 1939 D! Saw the 1939, and flipped it over expecting no mintmark, but there was a "D". It's in pretty nice shape. Only my second ever. Might have to start on my second set of Jeff nickels since I seem to be getting a lot of the key dates lately.

Little bit more silver for the pile. I'm at 90 war nics this year. Maybe I can get 200???

Happy Hunting to all.

Upvote 0

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang, that is a lot of war nickels for the year, how many boxes would you say you've searched? Good find and keep it up!

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I've been hitting the nickels pretty hard since halves haven't been that great since I moved to midwest. I've been doing about 2 per week, so probably about 50 so far this year. Average 1-2 war nics per box. However, did get 5 in one box a few months ago. That's the best I've done recently.

Nickels are fun. Always seem to get something interesting, and they don't tie up much money...

Other nice thing about nickels is banks don't even bat an eye when I ask for boxes. Could do more, but don't have the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread