Tonights Amazing bag of halves.... (amazing for me anyways)! pic added

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Tonight's Amazing bag of halves.... (amazing for me anyways)! pic added

I was still feeling a bit pessimistic after ordering a bag from the same bank yesterday and getting skunked on it. Today was different though, Right away I could see silvers and that is always exciting. It wasnt until my second silver that I really knew it was a special bag..... In only 6 weeks of CRH'ing, and consistently hearing how difficult it is to find a 1970 Kennedy, you can imagine my excitement when I pulled a great looking 1970 out of the bag... My mom was there and the look on her face to see her 28 year old son acting like a 5 yr. old on christmas was almost as good as the find itself! Well, not quite. First find was a 64 Ken by the way... So it was a great start. Halfway through, and the cameo proofs started showing up. Up until now, I have found one 2005 cameo frost proof in all of the coins I have hunted. Today, I ended up with 5 cameo proofs out of this one bag, 6 actually but the frost is pretty much unrecognizable on one, I think it has been in circulation for a while, it has the S mint mark though. I also found an interesting foreign coin, I have no idea what it is. When said and done, I ended up with 3-90%'ers... and 13-40%'ers.... and six cameo proofs. It was alot of fun... Can anyone give me an idea as to how hard it is to find one of these 1970 d Kens? I only know it is rare from the posts i have read here, How much are they worth? This one is in what I would call really good condition. Looks pretty much uncirculated. Thanks.

Chris.

Attachments

• june23,2011 finds.jpg
    june23,2011 finds.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Re: Tonight's Amazing bag of halves.... (amazing for me anyways)!

awesome bag!!! huge congrats! post pics if you can...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

biggstile

Mar 4, 2011
Burnsville, MN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Whites Buillseye II Pinpointer

Congrats on the coin roll finds. I've found some frosted ones, too, in the past.
I'm up here in Minnesota.
I've had the U.S. Banks chain in my area all institute a new policy of no ordering 1/2 dollars!
They explained their costs are prohibitive to be able to do it.
Bummer.
I would like to know how others have worked around this experience, and if there are any other national chain banks you guys know that will order.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tonight's Amazing bag of halves.... (amazing for me anyways)! pic added

Can you post a picture of the foreign coin? I found a British Half Crown in a roll of halves last week. Some of that funny money has silver in it too.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

usandthem said:
Can you post a picture of the foreign coin? I found a British Half Crown in a roll of halves last week. Some of that funny money has silver in it too.
I will post a pic later, but i googled it last night, there is no silver in it and it is worth about .26 cents. It says "50 Forint BP" on one side. The other side has a picture of a hawk or falcon standing on a stump, with the words "Magyar Koztarsasag" minted in 2001. It is a Hungarian currency. It is considerable smaller than a fifty cent piece, I would say roughly between the size of a quarter and a half dollar. Interesting coin, fun to find, and learn about other currency.

chris.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

biggstile said:
Congrats on the coin roll finds. I've found some frosted ones, too, in the past.
I'm up here in Minnesota.
I've had the U.S. Banks chain in my area all institute a new policy of no ordering 1/2 dollars!
They explained their costs are prohibitive to be able to do it.
Bummer.
I would like to know how others have worked around this experience, and if there are any other national chain banks you guys know that will order.

I live in westchester ny and there are a load of banks in my area, ive joined every major bank here and spread out the ordering. As a chain TD is the only one to say no tho some individual banks wont order due to collectors being greedy.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd say that's a pretty solid bag. Cool that you got the proofs too, those are pretty hard to come across

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread