I may have left some of the herd at the bank with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I was working in Bexley Ohio today. On the way back north on I-75 I stopped at the Bowling Green exit for a bite to eat. I saw a Huntington bank next to McDonald's, I went in to deposit a check and asked for Halves. None of the three tellers had any. I have been slowly getting back into nickles so I bought $50 worth, half a box. As I was driving home (yes I search while driving) the first roll had a war nickle and a good number of pre 1960's. When I had finished the half box of nickles I ended up with 10 war nickles and 3 buffalo's 1935, 1935 and no date and 38 pre 1960's various dates. I would have to say this is my best batch of nickles although about 2 years ago I scored two solid rolls of pre 1960 with about 8 wars nickles (also from Ohio).

As I will not be back in Ohio soon anyone is welcome to try there luck, I may have left some of the herd with the other half of the box. My teller was in her mid 50's and on the right side of the teller stand. I would not drive to far to try and round up any stragglers but if you live near by good luck.

Keep on searching
Gordon and Tanner

Attachments

• 100_4898.JPG
    100_4898.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, amazing what a bank stop can do!! Go get the rest of the herd, I look forward to seeing your posts! hh!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gordon and tanner said:
As I will not be back in Ohio soon anyone is welcome to try there luck, I may have left some of the herd with the other half of the box. My teller was in her mid 50's and on the right side of the teller stand. I would not drive to far to try and round up any stragglers but if you live near by good luck.

Very cool of you to mention! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread