OPPS found nasty words stamped into a 1974 kennedy half E-T P - - - Y no pic

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
now what to do with it --can't roll it and turn it in since the local banks require that your name be placed on the rolls when deposited ( do not want my name linked to smutty stuff --since I live in a "small town" tongues wag a mile a minute here)--can't turn it in loose since the tellers at the local banks are all female and know me and the wife well --and they most likely would be highly "offended'-- heck I got em all on good terms , so I do not want to mess that up. -- so looks like I'm stuck with it --unless I ditch it when in jacksonville some time .

you folks run across stuff like this often ?- this is the "first" defaced by smut one I found like this :tongue3:

no pic of it for obvious reasons * do not want to be banned.

Upvote 0

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Re: OPPS found nasty words stamped into a 1974 kennedy half -- E-T P - - - Y no pic

I'd like to buy a vowel. How about a U. Sweet yes okay, okay. How about a S. Oh my god. I'm so good at this game. I'd like to buy another vowel cause I'm still not sure about the word. Um how about an A. Wow I can't believe it. I'd like to solve the puzzle. Munch kitty. Lol
Gl and hh,
Frank

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: OPPS found nasty words stamped into a 1974 kennedy half -- E-T P - - - Y no pic

now lets see what prize you've won behind door #1 -- tank 014 -- :laughing9:

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010

just drop it in the donation jar at the circle K

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

what's the first word before the P? That's the one I'm still trying to figure out.

Something offensive makes it harder to spend. Just put in a roll and mark 65-59 on it and give it to your dump bank. Let some other enthusiatic CRHer get it. I would love to give that to another fellow CRHer. Let them think long about how to dispose of it. ;D

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

eat

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

ivan salis said:

Ok.. I get it.. there were two dashes before the E so I thought there were two letters before.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SFBayArea said:
Ok.. I get it.. there were two dashes before the E so I thought there were two letters before.

same here.

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011

tank014 said:
I'd like to buy a vowel. How about a U. Sweet yes okay, okay. How about a S. Oh my god. I'm so good at this game. I'd like to buy another vowel cause I'm still not sure about the word. Um how about an A. Wow I can't believe it. I'd like to solve the puzzle. Munch kitty. Lol
Gl and hh,
Frank

LOL, funniest post I've seen here. thanks

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
dip it in paint, or fill in the stamp with some sort of substance that will harden and make it go away...but thats still kinda funny nonetheless :laughing9: Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Meow...

Anyway, I was about to say "just wipe the writing off" when I reread the post, and saw the word "stamped". Wierd. Seems like a big waste of time. Can you post a photo (perhaps with a couple of letters blocked out)?

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about you take it to the bank and explain how you got it and that you'd like to bring it to their attention so it gets out of circulation. They can send it to wherever they send damaged coins. I think they'd thank you! Unfortunately, they've probably seen similar things before.
Tigger

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I really don't see what the big deal is. I say turn the coin in with your other coins in a roll. I doubt the tellers are going to search all the coins' obverses and reverses anyway. But even if they see the slogan, if the tellers know you and know you are a CRHer, they are not going to think you put that slogan on the coin.

The tellers are probably not going to be offended by reading that slogan anyway. It is not like you are going up to them and saying it to their face. Most likely those tellers have verbalized that statement to their husbands or boyfriends a time or two anyway.

Anyone who has watched an R rated movie has heard much worse. I have seen dollar bills with much more scandalous writings on them and I went ahead and spent them.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
I really don't see what the big deal is. I say turn the coin in with your other coins in a roll. I doubt the tellers are going to search all the coins' obverses and reverses anyway. But even if they see the slogan, if the tellers know you and know you are a CRHer, they are not going to think you put that slogan on the coin.

The tellers are probably not going to be offended by reading that slogan anyway. It is not like you are going up to them and saying it to their face. Most likely those tellers have verbalized that statement to their husbands or boyfriends a time or two anyway.

Anyone who has watched an R rated movie has heard much worse. I have seen dollar bills with much more scandalous writings on them and I went ahead and spent them.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Really? There's a time and a place for everything, but if you find offensive additions to money, in my opinion, the right thing to do is to take them out of circulation so others don't have to run into them. (You're going to the bank anyway!) I may expect such things in R rated movies (actually, not in the ones I've watched), but I don't expect to find such things as change. Ivan wanted to know how he should get rid of it without someone thinking he was the "author", and I think he had the right feel for the situation. Instead of passing it along, better to end it's circulation now. I'm not a prude, I'm a mom, and I don't want either my kids or myself to be handed such money, and I'm sure the bank's reaction would be to return it to be destroyed. (Ivan, maybe you could chat with your favorite teller about how they deal with such things and let us know what they say.)
Sorry if I sound preachy, but as so many detectorists get rid of trash they find on the beach or in the parks, so should CRHs, but you don't have to throw them out, just exchange them at the bank! Making the world a better place, one good deed at a time!
Tigger (yes, I'm a scout mom)

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Lightly take the grinding wheel to it. Deface the defacement so that it is no longer readable.

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan, if the coin was stamped across the face, all capital letters about a quarter inch, can't really remember the date, but think it was from the '70s, I found one with the same words a couple of years ago. Missing letters are two vowels and two consinants . I dumped it in a $1K bag in Brunswick, GA.
Robin

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep --mines a 1974 * large letters CAPITAL STYLE hammered into it -- used two stamps by the looks of it one word each stamp --on the face area of JFK--slightly crooked

mine was found in Callahan , Florida - A BIT DOWN FROM BRUNSWICK , GA --who knows might be the same darn one

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds EXACTLY like the one I found. I was thinking '74, but just couldn't be certain. Makes you wonder... what route lead it from Brunswick to Callahan? The bank allowed me to deposit sealed $1K bags of coin, didn't count 'em, just had me borrow the cart, haul 'em in, and unload them in the vault and stack them against the wall. Tellers told me they just shipped them out. Loomis was the carrier.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
new now wells fargo bank * was where I got it from --in $100 bucks worth i got "ordered" in for me by my tellers.

it was in a machine roll type roll -- gold end stripes .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread