Safe for CRH finds - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2762 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Safe for CRH finds

Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean
    Put yer valuables in a sealed, waterproof container in the bottom of your kitchen trash can underneath the trash bag. Most thieves won't be taking time to rummage through your garbage.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    If all you have fits in the bottom of your trash can, then you need more valuables.
    yes, and diversify your trash cans. Not a bad idea.
    “They’ll go over like a Led balloon.” - Keith Moon

us
    May 2010
    Tennessee
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Put yer valuables in a sealed, waterproof container in the bottom of your kitchen trash can underneath the trash bag. Most thieves won't be taking time to rummage through your garbage.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    That's where a buddy kept his weed stash when he was dealing.....

us
    May 2011
    Kentucky
    204 times

"Hello from deep within the copper mines of Western Kentucky."

"Keep your hands off of my stack."

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    885 times

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    If all you have fits in the bottom of your trash can, then you need more valuables.
    I thought that the OP was talking about a small place close to home to keep a few valuables, so that was one place that came to mind. I personally keep all of my gold, platinum, silver, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and other valuables in 53 foot semi trailers.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1668 times

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    I thought that the OP was talking about a small place close to home to keep a few valuables, so that was one place that came to mind. I personally keep all of my gold, platinum, silver, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and other valuables in 53 foot semi trailers.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Hopefully buried in the backyard...

Apr 2008
    451 times

Hiding things in the trash can is a bad idea. It has happened before that a well-meaning family member or friend takes out the trash for you and good bye PMs.

Another bad place is the freezer. Many people place jewelry and things in the freezer thinking it is safe from thievery. But even the average quality burglars will go through that if they have the time. Bedrooms are the first place they go, under the beds, in underwear/sock drawers, closets, etc. Mainly they are looking for guns, cash, jewelry, drugs (prescription pain pills and illegal drugs), and anything they think they can pawn. Probably a stash of silver half dollars will not get their attention as much as jewelry and cash, unless they happen to have coin knowledge.

Time is the key here. And a good burglar alarm reduces how much time they have. Diver Down made a good point about keeping some valuables in plain view so the crooks will find something and hopefully leave. A few hundred in cash and some fake jewelry will do the job. Many burglars will keep looking until they find something if they feel they have time on their side (like if they know you are on vacation or know your work schedule, etc).

Jim
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford

us
    Jun 2011
    North East
    2 times

Please also keep in mind if a bad guy does have time and finds loot just laying around he might think "if this house has a few hundred dollars and jewelry just out in plain sight or not hidden to well then there might be more worth looking deeper for". I believe out of sight out of mind. There are plenty of great spots. But I don't want to turn this tread into a how to or where to find manual for the bad guys. I'm not saying anyone here is the bad guy. The internet is open to lurkers too. John HH
    "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."

--  Abraham Lincoln

um
    Jan 2010
    Fisher F2
    2 times

Another thing is to use Stainless Steel Bolts to make it more difficult to cut or melt. I also attached it to a house jack in an area a thief would not want to cut it away. I have an alarm system and a alarm on the gun safe. Be ready for the camera that snaps your picture if you open the door to the safe to really piss you off too! At least the thief will have to work a bit unless I happen to be around. Then there is my 2 friends Smith and Wesson!!!

us
    Jul 2007
    NC
    43 times

People shouldn't forget one of the best security measures.

A good Dog.

us
    May 2010
    Tennessee
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalJWL
    People shouldn't forget one of the best security measures.

A good Dog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cujo.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	976.7 KB 
ID:	54844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cujo.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	976.7 KB 
ID:	548410  

us
    Jul 2007
    NC
    43 times

Perfect Choice !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links