Ok for all those inquiring minds.. inside Brinks coin facility

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Almost a year ago.. I posted a video about what it looks like inside a Brinks sorting facility.. there's so many new people here that are curious. Unfortunately, that link I had no longer works. It seems as though the History Channel changes available videos all the time.

http://www.history.com/shows/modern...erated#modern-marvels-coin-operated

Keep in mind.. this is the original link but it no longer works. If someone can find a link to the Modern Marvels Episode: Coin Operated, that would be great. The Brinks stuff is at the end of the episode.

There's always an influx of new people here so topics become revolving doors.. anyhow if someone can post the episode for all those other CRHers out there.. that would be great.

Upvote 0

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
I can get you a copy... but it might not be totally legal ;) So won't post the whole thing.

I'll try to get the segment you're talking about and upload it to YT, if you'd like.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Interesting clip. I didn't notice anything that resembled a private vault though. He pointed to the pallets and said the coins would be going to banks, supermarkets, etc...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
db23 said:
Interesting clip. I didn't notice anything that resembled a private vault though. He pointed to the pallets and said the coins would be going to banks, supermarkets, etc...

It isn't a vault per se. The whole facility is a "vault". When people refer to the Bank of America vault, it literally is a designated area with fencing in a warehouse-type facility. You would have fenced pens for Wells Fargo, BoA, Chase, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread