Met a fellow CRHer.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Met a fellow CRH'er.

Was dumping a few bags in a Quick Change machine.
Turning to go to the front for my cash, I almost ran into a man standing there watching me.

"Are you a coin roll hunter?" he asked.

"Yep, how about yourself?"

"I'm Chicago Ron", he replied.

I don't know how Chicago Ron got so far from Chicago, but it was neat to meet
another person as crazy as myself. Especially since it didn't look like he was moving in on my territory at the moment.

If you read this, Chicago Ron, great to meet ya !

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Met a fellow CRH'er.

Funny, I was at a bank I never ordered halves from before to pick them up, and an older couple sat next to me and asked if I coin roll searched, I said yes, they used to roll search. hh!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000

I've only ran into one other guy doing this in my area and he was really lame. A really nice teller I know gave me a bunch of rolls of halfs to look through at the bank. I searched 4 rolls and took them back to the counter, then walked back up to my table and started looking through the rest.

Dude walks in and sees the rolls of halves sitting in the teller booth. He says: "I want THOSE."

The teller looks over and asks me if it's OK if he gets them. I nod yes, then the guy says: "I don't care what he says - I WANT THEM!"

I just laughed and told him to have fun getting skunked as he hurried out the door.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Who calls themself "Chicago Ron"? Nicknaming themselves? Like he's a big deal in Chicago or something. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011

hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
I've only ran into one other guy doing this in my area and he was really lame. A really nice teller I know gave me a bunch of rolls of halfs to look through at the bank. I searched 4 rolls and took them back to the counter, then walked back up to my table and started looking through the rest.

Dude walks in and sees the rolls of halves sitting in the teller booth. He says: "I want THOSE."

The teller looks over and asks me if it's OK if he gets them. I nod yes, then the guy says: "I don't care what he says - I WANT THEM!"

I just laughed and told him to have fun getting skunked as he hurried out the door.

Jerks like that create a reputation for the rest of us.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

SFBayArea said:
Who calls themself "Chicago Ron"? Nicknaming themselves? Like he's a big deal in Chicago or something. :laughing9:

If you were here 4 or 5 years ago you'd know the name from this board. Assuming it actually was him, he still posts a lot in the 'Today's Finds' section of the site and has posted videos of himself so the O.P. can verify that.

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011

[/quote]

If you were here 4 or 5 years ago you'd know the name from this board. Assuming it actually was him, he still posts a lot in the 'Today's Finds' section of the site and has posted videos of himself so the O.P. can verify that.
[/quote]

I knew about him from going back and reading the old posts. He posted alot back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread