went to td to see about the $860.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I went to TD to see what was up with the $860 shortage. I went in and asked for the manager. Every teller had the look of oh no .well they said have a seat. this women comes out and says shes the vice president , store manager. i asked her if she was aware of the shortage i had on saturday while dumping coins. she was unaware. I said thats odd, because the head teller said she would tell her manager what happend monday morning, then the lady i spoke to on saturday comes running up and quickly explains the situation and that it was being worked on. I told her to check my dumping history and i explained why i get so much coin and that i keep accurate counts before i go to the bank to dump. I told her 5 or ten bucks is one thing but $860 is another. she said there should always be an accurate count and 5 or ten is not acceptable. I told her i had gotten shorted at another branch for a $100 bucks in dimes and after the coin service counted it all i got a credit to my account. She seemed to think that it should be resolved by the end of the week. On a positive note i did a bag of quarters today for one silver, i dumped 500 at another td and got 509 back. I dumped the other 500 at the credit union and the machine broke and i have to wait till thursday to have my account creditded. Its been a hell of a week CRH and its only monday. HH

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I sympathize.

Some weeks are like that, but I think you are going to win in the end because you are not giving up.

And, believe me, that IS the system in a lot of these places. They want you to get tired, stop calling, stop asking. And it will all go away.....your money, that is.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
That is a pretty rough start to the week, but atleast things with TD seem to moving in a positive direction.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I am glad to see it will probably be resolved.

After some thinking and another recent TD short myself i have an idea. [Remember dont dump dimes at TD]

During my last TD short [last week] an Eisenhower was recovered in the machine which may have been the problem.My idea is this - before dumping start the machine to see if it has junk floating in it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Did you report the overage that your received? Or do you only report the shortages?
come on now, common sense!

as to treeslayer, hope you get your money back, I am waiting until thursday(1 week) and going back to speak to the manager, hh!

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
ronbo22 said:
Are you going to turn the extra $9 into the bank?

A shortage is one thing, because YOU are losing out on money... an extra $9 is a different story, since it is someone elses shortage that left the bank already... no way to tell whos it is, but im sure the bank would gladly accept the free money.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
brendan1414 said:
ronbo22 said:

A shortage is one thing, because YOU are losing out on money... an extra $9 is a different story, since it is someone elses shortage that left the bank already... no way to tell whos it is, but im sure the bank would gladly accept the free money.

So it is only bad and worthy of complaints when it happens to YOU? Gotcha.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
brendan1414 said:
ronbo22 said:

As much as the bank would like to accept free money, they can't. Wouldn't balance.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it is only bad and worthy of complaints when it happens to YOU? Gotcha.
[/quote] so basically, you're saying if you get "free money" you would report it back to the bank? what happens when you find a silver quarter in the reject slot of the coin machine? are you going to go up to the teller and say, "I just found $7 sitting at the bottom of the coin machine", where it's only a quarter?

If you get free money off the coin counter, that's different than a teller handing you an extra $100 by accident. When you get shorted, the bank does not want to hear that, but when they get shorted(giving more money than requested) it's a big issue.

just saying. hh!

coinz

Mar 14, 2011
you should try to get bags so you could exchange them instead of doing the machines. good luck.

OP
OP
T

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
In regards to the $9 bucks extra , i told the teller helping me that i had $500 in quarters before i dumped. after the count i said the machine was off a bit. He looked at me like i was nuts and said just keep it. I told him , if the machines worked the way they were intended to , i would not be worrying about my other $ 860. I then told him the story and he said it will turn up. But were i thought. we shall see. I got 2/ 40s and 1/ walker today. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread