Time is too precious to not CRH in the car, commuters??

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive 2 hours/day to and from work....... 82 miles round trip.

What a great time to CRH and stop into new banks!! Once you develop your system I believe you can do it quite safely. Plus, I calculated my annual silver cull from just my driving time...now that's motivation, $1000's in silver from just driving to and from work. That would've been just time wasted anyways.

Would love to hear any stories/advice of CRH commuters!

GH

Upvote 0

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
I do halves in the car sometimes. I actually tried a few rolls of nickels in bad traffic today, was not safe at all. Almost hit the car in front of me though. Probably not the best idea, especially with nickels and their small dates. Halves aren't so bad. Just be careful and take your time with them. I only hold one at a time and keep the window up so I accidentally don't lose one that way.

Reminds me of a joke every time this topic comes up :tongue3::

So a man is telling his co-workers about his morning commute.
"I can't believe what some people do while they drive," he says,"This morning when I got onto the highway I saw a woman texting with one hand and doing her make up with the other between taking sips of her iced tea."
"Wow, that doesn't sound very safe," remarks his co-worker.
"I know," he replies,"When I saw what she was doing I cut myself and almost dropped my razor into my coffee." :laughing9:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:

What a great time to CRH and stop into new banks!! Once you develop your system I believe you can do it quite safely. Plus, I calculated my annual silver cull from just my driving time...now that's motivation, $1000's in silver from just driving to and from work. That would've been just time wasted anyways.

GH

I guess I'm old school, but I don't believe there is anything you can do "quite safely" while driving...other than driving quite safely.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been driving and CRHing for years. Since my vision is on par with Mr.Magoo, I have developed a sound system for searching. I have a silicone meatloaf pan and I cut a piece of counter top granite to fit on the bottom of the pan. I open the roll and trickle it into the pan. The unmistakeable ping tells me I have found silver. I pull out the silver and continue the search. I never miss this way and so far(knock on my blockhead),I haven't hit anything. Cheers, Jim

Yagershots

Jun 2, 2011
North East
coolpix9 said:
I have been driving and CRHing for years. Since my vision is on par with Mr.Magoo, I have developed a sound system for searching. I have a silicone meatloaf pan and I cut a piece of counter top granite to fit on the bottom of the pan. I open the roll and trickle it into the pan. The unmistakeable ping tells me I have found silver. I pull out the silver and continue the search. I never miss this way and so far(knock on my blockhead),I haven't hit anything. Cheers, Jim

coolpix9.... Brilliant! I search halves on my way home every day. A box a day trying to keep the skunk away. John HH

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
[/quote]
I guess I'm old school, but I don't believe there is anything you can do "quite safely" while driving...other than driving quite safely.
[/quote]

I agree. Just one accident and you're going to forget about all the thrill of CRH'ing while driving.....that is, if you're still alive.

OP
OP
Gilmore Happy

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it might become a bit more dangerous if looking for dates as you are giving up your attention to focus.

But I don't look at dates, so I will continue "CCRH" (Car Coin Roll Hunt) dimes and halves as I rim check the whole roll of dimes at one glance AND WILL BE adopting the Sound System suggested by CoolPix because that is just a sweet idea. Thanks for the advice....Sounds good...Lame pun intended, -GH

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
when my Mom got to shaky to drive safely, we took her car away, She said, "I can still drive." I ask one question, how would you feel the, the rest of your life, if you hurt or killed someone?

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on about a 5,000 mile road trip, culling all the way and was mostly on back country roads. I only did halved while driving but every mile just about was driving with my knee and ripping through rolls all along the way. I wouldn't want to do it in any kind of traffic but lonely back country roads no problem. I covered many more miles in the time I had by doing that versus sitting on the side of the road then taking off. I know, I know dangerous...isn't America great!

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Gilmore Happy said:

GH

Why CRH during the commute? That's what I have eight hours of work for :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread