Its a CRAZY, CRAZY day.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
It's a CRAZY, CRAZY day.

I go into a bank in a town near me....

I turn in about 1730.00 of coin.....

The teller that takes it shows the usual reluctance, grimaces, pain, etc.

She returns to the counter with my receipt.....

Are you with me so far??

Ok, she tells me, "You total comes to 2336.00, and that's one, two, three,
four....."

"Wait a minute, please!" I interrupt.
I stand there a moment trying to take everything in. I mentally rechecked my coin total that I KNEW did not possibly contain more than $1800.00 coin.

"Yes?" she says, stopping and kind of looking at me like I was an idiot.

"Would you recheck your receipt and you totals because that seems like a LOT more than I brought in."

"Well", she says,"I have the totals for so many dimes, and half dollars and that's what the machine says".

(Yeah, I thought to myself, if it was off in your favor, I would probably have to eat it, "because the machine said so".)

When it was all counted out, I pocketed my extra $600.00 and the rest, saying,

"All right, but if you discover an error, you've got my phone #.

Didn't get home until after hours, but sure enough there was a message to "please call me at the bank when you can".

Don't worry, you can always trust the BANK OF PILEDRIVER.

Upvote 0

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's a CRAZY, CRAZY day.

And I thought profiting $0.26 off some loose coins in the machine was good. That's like 15 ounces of free Silver.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You should've said to them.........

How do you know youre not shorting me now?? PROVE IT, that you overpayed me!!! Sounds like machine error to me, not my problem ma'am. Then find another dump bank and buy 10 2011 Silver Eagles. YUM!

Too bad Karma's a B, and some homeless guy would rob your car and take all your COIN soon there after. :laughing7:

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011

Yeah, I don't see you making it away with that extra thousand. Would have been nice though.

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011

I really don't want their money.

It's just that I expected BANKERS to have their ducks in a row a bit better than that.

Last friday I had to tell a teller that she had handed me too many $100 dollar bills.
The other tellers were looking out at her and kind of showing some white around the eyes.
And at first she didn't believe me!

I think from now on, I deserve the free pen when I take one.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On the other hand I had a teller try to short me $10 this morning. After I called her on it she had to count it twice. >:(

Yougot

Feb 25, 2011

There was nothing she could have done at the time unless she had you wait there while they counted, shes is just doing what the machine/her training tells her to do.

Pay what the machine says, and if there is a machine error try to fix it. It's not a bank issue, its not a teller issue, its a machine issue that was handled properly IMO.

And for Gilmore: They can recount the bags to come to that conclusion.

Also karma does not exist, there is only conformation bias :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011

End of Story....

Called the bank and sure enough, they had recounted the bags and discovered a 500.00 error. (I might have been off $100 myself).

Anyway, I told them to take it out of my account, which they were glad to agree to.

And I think the next time it's my word against the machine, they're going to pay more attention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread