FIRST MERC IN A ROLL! Crazy day of CRHing.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to pick up my box of Halves today, and I was also able to get a box of Dimes with that. The Dimes skunked me, while the Halves gave me 3 CuNi Shiny Proofs(1973, Bicentennial, 1979) and 3 NIFCs. After that I picked up a total of $390 in Dimes($10 CWR, $380 sealed) with one Silver Roosie. In my 25 or so boxes of Halves searched, I've never seen proofs this shiny before.

After I got up to a nearby town, I stopped in to an old source bank, hugged the only teller that remembers me, and picked up $400 in Sealed Halves and $100 in Sealed Dimes. The Halves were a total skunk, but the Dimes were a completely different story. A Silver Roosie was found in the second roll. And then on the 4th roll, another Silver Roosie? No, it was a 1938-P MERCURY DIME! :hello2:. I had found 28 Silver Roosies before finding this Merc. I remember feeling like I cheated buying one at a coin shop because I thought I would never CRH into one. A second Silver Roosie was found before the batch was over for 3 Silvers in $100 of Dimes. I practically begged the bank for more Dimes, but didn't get any.

Went by a nearby bank for $50 in Sealed Dimes, skunk. Then dropped my loose coins at another nearby bank. One of the tellers who remembered me was surprised to see I opened an account there. I walked out with another $50 in skunk Dimes. Then I got $150 in Plastic Dimes at a WF and one CWR roll, skunks. At the next bank, I got $100 in Halves, one NIFC. I got $200 in Sealed Dimes at the final bank with 2 Silver Roosies, one in the first roll, and one in the last.

$1000 Halves searched.
$1195 Dimes searched

3 CuNi Shiny Proof Halves
4 NIFC Halves
5 Silver Roosies
And:

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Nice!!!

I remember getting my first Merc...my wife pulled it from a String roll, and then asked, "What kind of coin is this?"

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

I love the pic, it had me LOL.

We must haves it fors our Avatar yessssssss.

[/quote]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread