You didnt fool me

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
You didn't fool me

Some poor deleted decided they would paint the edges of a bunch of Kens an off-white/silver color, in a rather lame attempt to 'fool' a CRH'r. I won't bother posting pics, as that would give the perp more mileage than they deserve. Suffice it to say that, NO, you didn't get me. NO, my heart didn't race when I saw the edges. The color was wrong.

How pathetic is your existence that you derive some perverse pleasure in edge marking some clad, hoping to fool someone into believing they've found silver? Never mind, I don't want to know.

Oh, and to deny you the satisfaction you hope for, I culled all of the painted coins, and am cleaning the edges before releasing them into the wild. So no one will get 'fooled' by your juvenile gesture. But, keep it up, as the more time you waste painting coins, the less time you can spend finding silver. So, the joke's on you.

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: You didn't fool me

If you truly are cleaning the coins, I think the joke might be on sombody else. <just thinking outloud>

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been getting a bunch of those, but the entire edge isn't painted, just maybe a 1/4 inch mark. :dontknow:
Anyway, got a 40%er in a box with them, so :laughing9:

Legend

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Again, not at all. I'm simply putting this person on notice that it: A. Didn't work, and B. Won't get anyone in the future, either.

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

legend76 said:
I've been getting a bunch of those, but the entire edge isn't painted, just maybe a 1/4 inch mark. :dontknow:
Anyway, got a 40%er in a box with them, so :laughing9:

Legend

Yeah, I get those once in a while too. Several months ago, I found dozens of them in a single 1K bag. Still get one now and again.

Good hearing of your luck. I'm on a pretty good streak, too.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A person who is good at CRH can usually tell a coin with a silver edge whether it is plated or not. If you're getting "silver paint plated" coins, try a different bank if it makes you that mad, just saying. hh!

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

BuffaloBoy said:
A person who is good at CRH can usually tell a coin with a silver edge whether it is plated or not. If you're getting "silver paint plated" coins, try a different bank if it makes you that mad, just saying. hh!

I'm plenty "good" at CRH, and as the post stated (if you bothered to read it) I wasn't fooled for a minute.

My order bank is more than adequate, and with the proliferation of CRH, the 'churn' of halves isn't restricted to a certain town or municipality. My bags regularly come from as far away as Chattanooga, and I live no where near there. I'm (and anyone else around here) not just searching 'local' coin.

And, once again, I'm not "mad" at all. As a matter of fact, I'm happy to help defeat the forces of evil within the dark side of CRH. Just sayin'. :icon_pirat:

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011

i too get the painted rims (where the whole rim is painted)... and ones where only a small (.25") line is marked in silver paint on the coin. I'm in east tn. I've chalked it up to a major chr marker in the area. With the amount I've seen lately someone is going thru a lot of silver paint lol.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Sounds like whoever painted the coins achieved his/her purpose of irritating some CRHer. I don't think their intent is to fool someone, because the CRHer will know in seconds the coin is clad.

But after such a discovery it seems anger/irritation is the next logical emotion of the CRHer after discovering such coins.

By the tone in your posts and the fact you went to the trouble to clean the coins, I would say the coin painter achieved his objectives.

I have never seen such coins except where the whole coin was plated somehow (usually 1976 coins). But sure do get alot of multiple graffiti marked coins.

Jim

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Someone here on this forum once posted a silver plated half that had 'Not Silver' written in marker on the face. I see them from time to time up here too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions