Skunked - but the credit union has more

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Hit a local credit union today. 1st time I have stopped at this place. The teller said they had over $500 worth of halves that had been sitting there in the safe for quite some time. Bought as many half dollar rolls as I could afford, which was $100...

Of course I got skunked....

Anyway, I noticed that some of the rolls were marked with the dates in green magic marker.

What are the odds that this is just somebodies dump? Should I go back and get the rest? I asked the teller to hold them for me, and she said not to worry because NO ONE ever comes in looking for halves.

Upvote 0

Yagershots

Jun 2, 2011
North East
Yes Sir Go Get Them All... Never know what the other dates will be. Could be somebodies collection just siting there ready for a new home. Good Luck. John HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get them all!! someone's dumps or not, it is all part of the game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Hope you see dates marked on the rolls in th 60's and below!!

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Definitely go back for them. Even if they are dumps, your mind will never rest until you know what is in those rolls. Unless it is an hour away from your house, in which case I would still go, go get them lol. :headbang:

HH
JJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread