My Van Hits 88 MPH & I Travel Back To 2006 and Grab a Dime Box - -Updated - -

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
My Van Hits 88 MPH & I Travel Back To 2006 and Grab a Dime Box - -Updated - -

If you never watched Back to the Future, you will not get the title.

I went to many banks today to load up and went to one I had not been to before. I always look at the 4 digit box code as there are 3 normal ones on the String Rolls in my area. When I saw the one pictured, I was quite surprised. I'm not terribly excited as it is not like silver was plentiful in 2006, but I think it curious as to how this box has been around for 5 years without being opened. The bank I went to has only been there for 2 years. I will post the results later tonight.

Results are in - -

3 Rosies total so nothing out of the ordinary compared to the boxes today. I was really excited when I opened them as the first thing I saw was the ender mint mark on reverse of one, which means silver. These must have been early in 2006 as 2005s were the newest coins in the box. It was a nice change of pace not seeing the glaring light of the 2010s and 2011s. They really need to lay off the shine they are putting on reeding of the new coins. The "new 2005s" in this box were dull in comparison.

Attachments

• 2006a.jpg
    2006a.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Re: My Van Hits 88 MPH & I Travel Back To 2006 and Grab a Dime Box

that is very cool. I am looking forward to the results.... There would be much more anticipation if you had found a box of halves like that, im sure for all of us.

good luck

lahmejoon

Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Van Hits 88 MPH & I Travel Back To 2006 and Grab a Dime Box

At least you didn't have to steal any plutonium from the Libyans to get that box...

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Re: My Van Hits 88 MPH & I Travel Back To 2006 and Grab a Dime Box - -Updated - -

nice finds! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread