This forum is more addicting than CRH itself!

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being fairly new at CRH, and having recently discovered this forum, I have been catching up on old posts. And I can't stop!

You know that list of page numbers for the archives on the pages here? I'm up to page 50 ! I don't look at every post of course, but I scan the headlines looking for stories of road trips, teller tales, ideas, and anything else that catches my eye.

It's amazing to go back in time to over 2 years ago. It's fun to read posts like "Wow, Silver is at $14" when it has been more than double that for many months. I hope people who were CRHing then are still holding onto their finds!

Anyhow, if you are new to this forum, I highly recommend looking back over the archives. Reading them has given me a lot of good ideas about how to be nice to tellers, how to be coy when asked what I'm up to, and so forth.

And of course the stories of the amazing finds just motivate me to go out there and not give up. (Though I'm much more interested now in visiting a variety of banks and getting on their good side, and spend less effort in ordering boxes.) My goal is to get every bank in the area (except for my dump bank) on the lookout for halves and big dollars, and call me when they come in.

One meme I haven't been able to figure out: What's the story of LJ? Seems like quite a legend in these parts, but I haven't gone far back enough to know who she is.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
She is our version of the Holy Grail. She makes her home in the swamps of Louisiana and only comes out for silver. Wild tales of wheelbarrows full of silver are not uncommon. Lately she has taken to furthuring her edumacation. That lofty goal has put a serious crimp in her silver searching.
She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.I put her and Apush up on their own thrones. Both intense women with hearts of gold,I mean silver. HH, Jim

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to readjust my priorities....honestly.

OLD priority list: Forum 1st, CRH 2nd, wife and kid 3rd
NEW Priority list: CRH 1st, Forum 2nd, work 3rd

Oops, guess the wife and kid dropped off the new list...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
kennedyfan said:
Being fairly new at CRH, and having recently discovered this forum, I have been catching up on old posts. And I can't stop!

One meme I haven't been able to figure out: What's the story of LJ? Seems like quite a legend in these parts, but I haven't gone far back enough to know who she is.

Keep digging. The Legend of LJ is there to be found. One can't spoil it by summarizing her feats. Only those that take the time are rewarded for their efforts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread