EPIC road trip 7-28-11. Multiple solid rolls!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found myself out of state this week and decided to take the "scenic route" home in order to do a little CRHing, and I'm glad I did. I've had some good finds here and there, but I doubt that I will ever top this one.

- I had picked up $730 in handrolled halves from my next to last stop of the day. That particular bank closed at 4:00 pm and I barely made it. The rolls were bagged and ready to be shipped off. Sitting on my living room floor I began opening them. For whatever reason, I like to open the "good stuff" last. When I open CWRs, I always open the roll and peek at the first coin. On the rare occasion that silver is showing, I close it back up and save it for last. The first 4 rolls were all clad. The 5th roll had a 40%er showing. I peeked at the bottom coin and it was a 40%er as well. Being a potential solid silver roll, I closed it up and put it aside. The next roll was the same exact thing. Next roll, same thing. Next roll had a Walker reverse showing. The following roll had another Walker. Now I'm getting really, really excited! When all was said and done, those 73 rolls had given me 19 rolls of clad. The remaining rolls were in my "save for last pile." An unbelievable 50 rolls had silver Kennedy's on the ends. 3 had Walkers and 1 had a Franklin. I just kinda sat there in disbelief for a bit staring at the rolls. I started with the Kennedy's. All 50 rolls were solid 40%ers, except for one. That roll contained 19 40% and 1 1964. One roll even had 22 coins, all 40%. I opened the roll with the Franklin showing next and was almost a little disappointed when "only" 11 mixed Walkers and Franklins spilled out along with 9 clad. The other 3 rolls were all solid silver with mixed Bens and Walkers. 53 solid silver rolls.

Even though I'm looking at the coins as I type this, I still can't believe it. My other stops produced a few silvers here and there. Total take for the day:

40% - 1036
1964 - 3
Bens - 32
Walkers - 39

The obvious question (but I'm certainly not complaining) is where were the 1964 Kennedy's? After thinking about it, I have a theory. The Walkers and Bens were in different brand rolls than the 40%ers. I think they came from a different collection than the 40%. Whomever obtained the Kennedy's cashed in all the 40% not knowing they were silver, and kept all the 90% - other than the 1 they missed that was mixed into one of the rolls. The Bens and Walkers came from someone else.

Upvote 0

Yougot

Feb 25, 2011
40% - 1036
1964 - 3
Bens - 32
Walkers - 39

~190.75 ounces of silver.

$7219.11 at 40.11 an ounce.

You win.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find. Post some pictures.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You have got a nose for silver. Congradulations!

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I sit here somewhat stunned, while drooling all over the keyboard. (I already had to wipe of the mouse once.)

I can't wait for the pictures.

WHAT A SCORE!!!!!!!!

Bob

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ep·ic   /ˈɛpɪk/ [ep-ik]
–adjective Also, ep·i·cal.
1. noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style: Homer's Iliad is an epic poem.
2. resembling or suggesting such poetry: an epic novel on the founding of the country.
3. heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war.

Amazing....Im not worthy. :notworthy:

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Wow, this is one of the stories that makes me physically withdraw... I start to shake, I get anxiety, I might as well pack it in, and leave work now because this is the type of score that literally causes me to get soooo distracted I cant accomplish anything anyways. Please post pics, please. I need to see what this looks like, so that I can visualize my own epic score.

Amazing.

Congrats. I believe I remember reading some of your previous posts about how the silver has all but dried up completely in your area??? I guess this is what the CRH'ing vets are talking about when they say to keep at it, and you will get a score that brings your average way up... Good for you. I love your strategy by the way, it is such a good feeling when you know you are sitting on some silva. I dont know if I could set a double ender aside though...

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75
Amazing......simply amazing!!! Congratulations on a stunning day!!! WTG!!!!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's friggin awesome! I wish I could find some small banks around here like that... All swallowed up by Big Banks. I'm convinced there are still literally millions of silver coins still out there!

HH
Baddbluff

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it happened to you ArkieBassMan! I bet your still shaking your head! I would be! :hello2:

A very big Congrats,

apush :read2:

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
That was an EPIC run!

Post up some pics so I can be even more jealous!

Jasonstar94

Feb 23, 2011
These are the type of finds that make me more determined than ever to keep on searching no matter what.

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Amazing haul.I'd like to see photos.It's been a while since I've seen a score like that :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup:

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Which, by the way... I havent been on this site for very long, but I remember several comments from members referring to a find that netted over 3K in profit a few months back as being the biggest single score they have seen or can remember on this site. Is this the record for a single score as far as you guys know of being posted?

Congrats again, I am being serious when I tell you this is costing me a half days work. I cant think of anything other than your score. Amazing, and Fantastic. I am totally freakin jealous.... WOW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread