Just found almost 1k worth of silver coins

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
Shame they weren't my own. I am living at my in-laws before moving, and their neighbor across the street needed me to install a TV. I did it and remembered that she had a bowl of coins, and that there were some older ones in there. I asked if I could look through, and pull out the valuable ones so she could lock them in her safety deposit box. She is an older lady living alone, so I wanted to her to put it away.

I found the following:
14 dollars in Washington Quarters
4 Standing Liberty Quarters
10.50 in 90% halves. (2 walking liberty, 6 benjamins, the rest kennedys.)
6.50 in 40% halves
3 Morgans
2.10 in dimes, mostly mercs.

In addition there were a couple barber dimes and:
1835 Busted Capped half dime in AU condition
1856 Seated liberty dime in AU condition.

Plus a whole lot of canadian/british silver.

Secretly I wanted it as we all do, but she is so happy that she was sitting on so much money in silver.

I will have to get a picture later.

Upvote 0

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I'll bet there are thousands of candy dishes, canisters and cigar boxes all over the country, just like hers. you did 2 good deeds today. Your reward will reach you soon.

OP
OP
Teknowaffle

Teknowaffle

May 9, 2011
dave5710 said:
I'll bet there are thousands of candy dishes, canisters and cigar boxes all over the country, just like hers. you did 2 good deeds today. Your reward will reach you soon.
Actually 3. I sold her my old HDTV at a good rate. (She is really well off though, but she has been so nice to my in-laws)

I still need to check through the quarters for key dates. Is there a handy list? Or are the only keys the 32s?

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravo Tekno - I've got a good feeling you'll have a major score soon as a reward for your good deeds! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread