Made a bank employee cry today. LMAO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
OK, so the other day I was a bank looking for some halves. After I was told there were none to be had, I inquired about a $100 "I-Series" US Savings Bond. I was directed to speak with some lady who I presume holds a higher position than the tellers. Not sure if she was a bank manager or what, but I went into her office, sat down and asked about purchasing a bond.

Bank Lady: "Are you sure you want one of these? The fixed rate is ZERO percent."

Hombre: "Yeah... I know that, but the variable rate is 4.6% so I'd like one please."

Bank Lady: "I see you only have $75.00 in your account. You will have to make a deposit before you buy one."

Hombre: "I can't just pay cash for it?"

Bank Lady: "No."

Hombre: "Forget it. Thanks anyway."

I then walked out, drove across town to another branch of the SAME BANK, and purchased a $100 US Savings Bond for cash with no problems whatsoever. I only use this account for my eBay transactions and I don't like keeping any amount of money in their vaults.

Here's why:

I just want to tell you all a little bit about this bank. It is a local company. This bank collapsed due to a bunch of "Good ol' Boys" handing out loans to all their buddies who could not pay them back. Any hick around here with a truck and a pair of Chippewas was getting an unlimited line of credit to build spec houses no one wanted or could afford. It was all a big illusion. The head of the bank was also sent to prison for 10 years for running a kickback scam with his two friends. He was too big a wimp to show up for his federal sentencing so he kept having "accidents" like cutting himself with a chainsaw or faking a heart attack every time he came up for sentencing. He finally surrendered to the feds and is currently rotting away in prison where criminals like him belong.

This bank bilked the people of my county out of MILLIONS of dollars. In the last week I have spoken with two elderly people who owned stock in this bank for their retirement. One guy lost $200,000 and was forced to return to manual labor at the age of 65 to work for $8.00/hour. The other was an elderly lady and matriarch of a prominent local family who lost $350,000 and now has only $1,500 to her name and has been forced to go on government assistance. Many citizens lost their entire life savings to these creeps.

A bank called South Carolina Bank and Trust was paid by the Obama Administration to purchase the toxic assets of this bank, so now the state of South Carolina basically owns my entire county now.

Anyway, I went back to this bank today to cash a check.

After I got my cash, I went to the [delete] lady's office and plopped down in a chair and stared at her.

Bank Lady: "Can I help you sir?"

Hombre: "You sure can. I'd like to know why I can't purchase a Savings Bond here at this branch, but I can drive across town and purchase one with no problem whatsoever?"

Bank Lady: "You didn't have enough money in your ac-"

Hombre: "At the other branch I paid cash."

*silence*

Hombre: "I like to keep all my funds in Regions Bank since I don't have to worry about them defaulting and losing all my money. You would figure that a bank that bilked half of the elderly population of Habersham county out of their retirement would be going out of their way to be nice to the small amount of customers they have left."

*silence*

Hombre: "I'd also be willing to bet the branch manager there actually knows the proper amount of interest these bonds draw - which is NOT 0%. I also like to keep some money in my wallet, which is obviously safer than keeping money here in your bank. A thief in the night lifting my wallet from my back pocket might actually give me a chance to fight him off and reclaim my money, whereas this bank would give me no such courtesy. The fact that you refused to sell me a bond unless I made a deposit in your crummy bank makes me think you are either too lazy to do your job, too dumb to type in the bond request, or that you just don't like me. Do you not like me madam? Do you not appreciate my business? I know I don't own $100,000 dollars worth of stock you can make disappear in the middle of the night, but I have had this account for over 10 years and I think that has to count for something, right?"

Bank Lady: "Sir, I am going to have to ask you to leave. I will call the police if I have to."

Hombre: "PPPFFFFFTTTTTT! *rolls eyes* That wouldn't be the first time that has happened. I might even get to share a cell with your former boss. You probably :nono: since you are too stupid to know the variable rate on a savings bond."

Bank Lady: "WAAAAAAAAAH!"

Mission accomplished, but I doubt I will be ordering any boxes of halves from this branch in the future.

Happy Hunting!

:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
The forced to work elderly have a special place in my heart. Fighting for them, you are my hero of the day. Congrats, and thank you!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
WOW....., I dont even know what to say to that. I cant decide if I should get a restraining order just in case..., or invite you to dinner and be your bff... lmao. Either way, I appreciate the brilliance in what you did today...

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
fistfulladirt said:
She's a still a pawn, why take it out on her?

As usual FFD is the voice of reason.

If this bank is so evil and bad as you say, then why do you have ANY accounts there? Further, if what you said is not fiction, then I doubt they will let you keep your account there anyway. I would think that if it gets to the point that the bank worker has to threaten to call the police to get you to leave, there is probably a good chance the bank will cancel your account.

I really don't see the great justice to the world that the OP did in this instance, perhaps I am missing something?

As far as the stock holders losing money, I say get in line. Plenty of folks lost money in the stock market because they bought and didn't do any due diligence and thought they could hold it forever. Everybody needs someone or something to blame I guess. Like many of the people getting foreclosed on blame the banks for giving them TOO MUCH money when they decided to buy that house. Personal responsibility is long gone in this country I guess.

Jim

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
fistfulladirt said:
She's a still a pawn, why take it out on her?

Well, let's see.....

Because she made me waste my gas to drive across town to buy a savings bond when she could have just sold me one at the main branch.

Because she lied to me and said I had to make a deposit in order to buy one.

Because she lied about (or was too dumb to know) the interest rate on a bond.

Because I believe that my asking for half dollars once a week at this particular branch made her treat me like I was not a valued customer in spite of the fact I have had an account at this sleazebag bank for over 10 years.

Because she is a word that rhymes with "ditch".

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
jim4silver said:
If this bank is so evil and bad as you say, then why do you have ANY accounts there? Further, if what you said is not fiction, then I doubt they will let you keep your account there anyway. I would think that if it gets to the point that the bank worker has to threaten to call the police to get you to leave, there is probably a good chance the bank will cancel your account.

Whoop-tee freakin' doo.....

jim4silver said:
As far as the stock holders losing money, I say get in line. Plenty of folks lost money in the stock market because they bought and didn't do any due diligence and thought they could hold it forever. Everybody needs someone or something to blame I guess. Like many of the people getting foreclosed on blame the banks for giving them TOO MUCH money when they decided to buy that house. Personal responsibility is long gone in this country I guess.

Jim

Personal responsibility? LMAO! Screw this bank and the horse they rode in on. This bank went under because the hillbillies in this town were using it like their own personal ATM. The CFO isn't in prison for being a nice guy. I'll get you his inmate # so you can write him a letter if you like. I'm sure he will appreciate your support.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
jim4silver said:

Whoop-tee freakin' doo.....

jim4silver said:

Jim

Personal responsibility? LMAO! Screw this bank and the horse they rode in on. This bank went under because the hillbillies in this town were using it like their own personal ATM. The CFO isn't in prison for being a nice guy. I'll get you his inmate # so you can write him a letter if you like. I'm sure he will appreciate your support.

I don't support anyone. But if you are going to be such a big crybaby about how bad this bank treats you, then why do you remain a customer there?

Would be easier to just go to a different bank that treats you better. Maybe you just like to have something to :nono: about?

Jim

[mod] Can you guys please watch your language [/mod]

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I have accounts a three different Banks. If you had read my post instead of running to the defense of some crook you have never even met you might have picked up on that fact.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
jim4silver said:
Would be easier to just go to a different bank that treats you better. Maybe you just like to have something to b!tch about?

Jim

I have accounts a three different Banks. If you had read my post instead of running to the defense of some crook you have never even met you might have picked up on that fact.

Still doesn't change the fact that you bank there, where they treat you so bad as you say. I am sure everyone here who as CRHed for any length of time has been treated bad by a teller or two. Better to move on than make a big deal out of it in my opinion.

Jim

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To start out, for the little amount of money that you keep in your account, they could care less about your business. You cost them more money with your coin roll hunting than they make off the money in your account. 10 years is meaningless if you don't keep any money in their bank.

You said you wasted gas driving across town to go to another one of their branches. Major Fail. Deposit your $100 into your account while you are there and then buy the savings bond while you are there. Don't complain. Don't make a big deal out of it. Just do it. Sounds simple enough, but you had to make it difficult.

Who puts their ENTIRE life savings in stock in a local bank? I don't get that at all. That makes no sense. Especially once they are retired. They should have invested their money in something with a fixed interest rate that was more secure. You can't fix stupid. [mod] Terms Violation[/mod]

[mod] I've spent enough time in here babysitting and cleaning up the insults so since you guys can't follow the rules, this post is now locked[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions