Wow, what a total NOOBIE to the art of CRH!

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been going back in the archives, reading interesting posts about CRH. I'm up to page 76 now! And check out this posting that I found:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,66116.0.html

What a TOTAL NOOBIE! I mean, this person doesn't even know what she's looking for! Doesn't know what a proof is! What an "S" mintmark is, etc. And then plans on getting some halves for the first time.... Yeah, GOOD LUCK SISTAH!

Clearly this person was doomed from the start as coin roll hunter! No chance at all of finding anything....

And what kind of user name is "LJ", anyhow? :-) :laughing9:

Upvote 0

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
This seems a little uncalled for. Everyone has to start somewhere. For all you know this is some kid who doesn't know anything about coins and is interested about getting into collecting and CRHing. Try not being so negative towards other members here Kennedy. That person may still read these posts and if so you have done a great job discouraging them.

HH all.....semper fi

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
WHat's interesting is post 21 on the thread.. Wayne ordered two boxes per week and usually gets 10-15 per box... wow..

Not the case now. Wished I did more boxes then.. I only did one per week for the longest time. I didn't get 10-15 per box average. I would probably average 33% skunks back then with non-skunk boxes averaging 2-3. Maybe every 2 months, I'd get a box with 8-10 keepers. Of course this was in 2007. Just estimates.. never kept track of the stats then.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good reminder there kennedyfan. We all got to start somewhere. Too bad the supply has been streached so bad the last few years.

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry papa if you thought the post was serious and I was being mean-spirited. Definitely the opposite, in fact. :notworthy:

It does indeed show how even the legends all had to start somewhere.

DarkRider23

May 31, 2011
I remember reading the last page a couple of weeks ago. I felt terrible for all those people talking about cashing out their silver finds for pennies compared to today's prices. Oh well. They still made money in the end.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
WHat's interesting is post 21 on the thread.. Wayne ordered two boxes per week and usually gets 10-15 per box... wow..

Not the case now. Wished I did more boxes then.. I only did one per week for the longest time. I didn't get 10-15 per box average. I would probably average 33% skunks back then with non-skunk boxes averaging 2-3. Maybe every 2 months, I'd get a box with 8-10 keepers. Of course this was in 2007. Just estimates.. never kept track of the stats then.
Unfortunately I have quit hunting boxes when I got to 40 skunks in a row. When I started back around 1998 or so I was averaging 70 per box, with 100 in a box not unusual, and one time found around 600 40% in one box (no 90%, that was strange). I went for several years without ever getting a skunk box. There are so many people doing it now, especially here in the DFW area, that the finds have come few and very far between. I enjoyed it while it lasted, and still have every 90% I ever found (around 1200). I found roughly 10,000 40% and sure wish I had the first 5000 I sold back (sold them for 75 cents each when silver was around 5.00 an ounce).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread