You might be a CRH if...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... if you dream about finding a pot of '64 halves at the end of the rainbow.

... if you go to the gas station not to get gas but to search for wheat pennies in the "give a penny, take a penny" tray.

... if you see a silver dime in a restaruant tip jar & actually leave a dollar tip so you have a reason to reach in and grab it (I actually did that!)

... if you use coin wrappers as kindling to start a fire when you go camping

... if you go into withdrawals from CRHs after 1 night of camping

... if you're more interested in the voluptuous teller's change tray than the voluptuous teller

... if you are reading this right now while driving (shame on you!)

Saw a similar thread to this in the archives from a few years back. Please feel free to add your own!
HH
Baddbluff

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I remember the old version of this but I will play...

If you finger tips are stained a bluish grey you might be CRHer.
If you have cursed yourself for taking a corner too fast in your car and spilling half dollars all over the floor board you might be a CRHer.
If you have ever planned a day trip hours away with the fam with secret intentions of hitting banks along the way you might be a CRHer.
If you walk into your bank and they say "hey the half dollar guy is here" you might be a CRHer.
If you have ever bought doughnuts or chocolates for tellers in hopes that they will throw silver coin at you when you walk through the door you might be a CRHer.
If you have ever been told by a cashier "I will have to ask my manager if we can except these" when trying to pay with half dollars, you might be a CRHer.
If you have ever left a pile of half dollars as a tip at Applebees....uhum...you might be a CRHer.
If you cannot go to a Walmart without checking the coinstar reject tray or stopping at the woodforest nat. bank inside before you leave you might be a CRHer.

I love all the posts here. I have experienced them all except for using the wrappers for fire starters....I will be doing this from now on though.

Golden Silver

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have ever offered to cash out the change jug from the guy holding the sign that says Will Work for Food you might be a CRH

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Xiao en said:
If you have ever offered to cash out the change jug from the guy holding the sign that says Will Work for Food you might be a CRH
You've just given me an idea.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimikiri said:
...if on the way to your dump bank your car keeps reminding you to "Buckle the Safety Belt" of your passanger.

Hey you'd better buckle mr. Kennedy up!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xiao en said:

hahahaha this may be the funniest one yet :notworthy:

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have more money under the seats of your car than the majority of Americans have in their savings account.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
After reading this post and realizing almost every one of the replies applies to me all i can add is i bought a flexible gripper [automotive tool that picks up screws in hard to reach areas] to get the many coins i have dropped in my car, actually bought 1 for each car.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: You might be a CRH if...

you clean out your car for sale or trade-in, you find many loose halves;
you clean out your car for sale or trade-in, you find whole rolls of coins (any denomination);
when you buy a new car, the "privacy glass" feature is a must;
when you buy a new car, you insist on knowing the load capacity and you convert the "load capacity" as how many "boxes of halves";
you keep buying "metallic silver" color cars in a row and the explanation to your co-workers' why (who think you are unadventurous) is "I just like silver color and it soothes me". You mention other adventurous things you like to do but "silver coins" to defend your reputation.

Last edited:

tuleja

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You plan out which fast food joints you are going to eat lunch at by which day banks receive their coin orders.
You realize you can get coin pickups at one or two more banks if you eat while you drive during your lunch hour.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be a CRH if...
...you go to the bank just to check the reject slot of the coin machine and ask if they have any halves.
...you ask to speak to the vault teller when the regular teller says that they have no halves.
...you alter your route to so that you can hit banks on the way there.
...the bank teller looks at you funny when you explain to them that the coin machine made a mistake because you know the exact amount of your coin deposit and you make them open the machine because they weren't in the reject slot

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a CRH if....

You pretned to be looking at the COINSTAR deals on the screen as you sneek a peek down at the reject tube, then act pissed off as you walk away muttering, 9.8 cents on the dollar!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread