You might be a CRH if...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... if you dream about finding a pot of '64 halves at the end of the rainbow.

... if you go to the gas station not to get gas but to search for wheat pennies in the "give a penny, take a penny" tray.

... if you see a silver dime in a restaruant tip jar & actually leave a dollar tip so you have a reason to reach in and grab it (I actually did that!)

... if you use coin wrappers as kindling to start a fire when you go camping

... if you go into withdrawals from CRHs after 1 night of camping

... if you're more interested in the voluptuous teller's change tray than the voluptuous teller

... if you are reading this right now while driving (shame on you!)

Saw a similar thread to this in the archives from a few years back. Please feel free to add your own!
HH
Baddbluff

Upvote 0

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If fees are "the F word" to you.

If you're single, you start hitting on tellers in hopes of dating and marrying one, for easy Silver.

If you plot out on Google Maps which banks you want to "hit" today.

Finding out that the bank couldn't get your Half Dollar order in sends you into a rage.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
...you tell your boss that you really need to leave work to go to the bank to take care of important business and it's just to pick up a few rolls to tide yourself over between boxes.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
. . . Everytime you get in the car, your kids ask "do we have to stop at banks today?"
. . . Your gas mileage takes a hit because you are carrying an extra 280 pounds of cargo ($1k in rolled halves and $400 in 0.01 dumps)

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
awesome post!!! hey, can someone post a link to the post like this from a few years back? keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...if you get excited by randomly seeing the following words/numbers:
CRH or CRH acronyms
Silver
Rolls
Half
Treasure
Haul
...Ender(s)
Garda
Brinks
Loomis
Dimes
40%
Liberty
Score
Coin Rolls

....if you see a Garda or Loomis or Brinks truck drive by, and get the urge to follow him. Then wonder how many silver coins he probably has in his truck. And think to yourself, I wonder if I buy this guy a 24 pack of Budlight if he can come over to my house tonight and let me search through his whole truck and replace anything I find with clad

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
If you hear your 17 year old cousin tell her friend she just got a job at as a cashier, and then the most important thing in the world is to play 20 questions with her to figure out how that information can help gain some silver..... (It was at her birthday party, and all I needed was five minutes of her undevided...... I dont see what is so wrong with that.)-conversation with my wife on the way home...

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost forgot, today....@ McDonalds.

While the dude is making your Rolo McFlurry, you stick your face right up to the Ronlad McDoland donation change box to see if you can see any silver rims...

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Gilmore Happy said:
Almost forgot, today....@ McDonalds.

While the dude is making your Rolo McFlurry, you stick your face right up to the Ronlad McDoland donation change box to see if you can see any silver rims...

been there, done that, still do that :laughing9: its fun!!!

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I don't think I have an addictive personality by any means. That being said, I am totally addicted to finding the next score! I am new to this hobby and my wife, although patient and supportive, can see that it is an addiction! Time to get her over to the silver side!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
...If you dump all your paper recyclables into the community recycle dumpster, and 96% of it is coin wrappers and coin boxes.

...If you scare a cashier because you've been staring into the dime slot of her drawer searching for a random Merc.

...If you've ever taken your kids to a theme park and paid your entire admission fee with half dollars. :dontknow:

...If you are on a first name basis with the tellers at 14 different banks, and you don't have an account at any of them.

...If you've ever had a kid that needed a Kleenex, and the only thing in the car is a crumpled coin wrapper.

...If your 10 year old knows as much about finding silver as you do.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If $5.00 in change drops out of your truck every time you open the door OR

If your main Saturday project is cleaning out your truck of all the loose wrappers, boxes and loose change. OR

you spend your lunch breaks trying to figure out where you're going to drop off or pickup coins after work

you might be a CRHing addict.

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...if on the way to your dump bank your car keeps reminding you to "Buckle the Safety Belt" of your passanger.

Petrified

Aug 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
If you walk with your head down hoping to see change you might be an Addict.

If you go through every change tray hoping to find a score you might be an Addict.

If you order boxes of coins from the bank to look through you might be an Addict.

If you look at every coin you get in change under a magnifying glass you might be an Addict.

If you peak in every register while paying for groceries, gas, etc... you might be an Addict.

If you ask your friends and family for there change just so you can look through it you might be an Addict.

If you get excited when you find a penny only worth about 10 cents you might be an Addict.

If people come up to you asking for knowledge on coins you might be an Addict.

If you take pictures of coins you might be an Addict.

If you own more money in coins then dollars you might be a Addict.

If every bank teller knows you by name you might be an Addict.

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Petrified said:
If you walk with your head down hoping to see change you might be an Addict.
If you go through every change tray hoping to find a score you might be an Addict.
If you order boxes of coins from the bank to look through you might be an Addict.
If you look at every coin you get in change under a magnifying glass you might be an Addict.
If you peak in every register while paying for groceries, gas, etc... you might be an Addict.
If you ask your friends and family for there change just so you can look through it you might be an Addict.
If you get excited when you find a penny only worth about 10 cents you might be an Addict.
If people come up to you asking for knowledge on coins you might be an Addict.
If you take pictures of coins you might be an Addict.
If you own more money in coins then dollars you might be a Addict.
If every bank teller knows you by name you might be an Addict.

I think that about sums it up :tongue3: :laughing9:

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any of you guys find yourself looking under the gum machines at the entrance to the grocery store? Or looking around the vending machines in the break area at work?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you get a kick out of paying for fast food at the drive thru window with "clad halfs , clad ikes and susan B dollar coins mixed together " just to see the modern kids go --uh I gotta ask the manager if we can take these. ::) :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread