Our hands are going to turn black permanently

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
I "borrowed" a few from the doctor's office but find it a little difficult to use them doing delicate work. I just use the Dawn liquid and the fingernail brush my wife bought me. :laughing7:

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
I have several pairs of thin, white cotton gloves that I use when handling halves. When the gloves get really dirty I just throw them in the dirty laundry and the wife washes them.

HH

Bentfork

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cotton gloves would work best, I would not use plastic/latex gloves, they are not good for the delecate sorting(pennies, dimes, nickels), and can be a hassle to pick up coins individually. Those cotton gloves would be black in no time either., I use my bare hands. Nickels are by far the dirtiest coin I have searched, followed by pennies, then halves. hh!

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bentfork said:
I have several pairs of thin, white cotton gloves that I use when handling halves. When the gloves get really dirty I just throw them in the dirty laundry and the wife washes them.

HH

Bentfork

Genius

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I love the feel of the coins in my hands, and I hate the feeling of latex gloves.

Cotton gloves are too clumsy for me, so soap and water it is.

I've gotten my hands worse for a lot less.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Bentfork said:

HH

Bentfork

This is also what I did. Bought 2 pairs of cotton gloves @ Walgreens.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I survived my entire childhood without hand sanitizer. I think will survive without using surgical gloves to sort my coins.

Anyway how can you become immune to germs without being exposed them?

Keep on Searching (without gloves)
Gordon and Tanner

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
What gets me the most is the smell after CRH'ing. It seems to me like I just cant get that smell off my hands no matter how many times I scrub them with soap. Any suggestions?

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just started using the latex gloves. I don't have any problems grasping anything and when I'm done I just take them off and throw them away. I sort pennies and dimes with no problems.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gordon and tanner said:
I survived my entire childhood without hand sanitizer. I think will survive without using surgical gloves to sort my coins.

Anyway how can you become immune to germs without being exposed them?

Keep on Searching (without gloves)
Gordon and Tanner

Good point, I think CRHers might have the best immune systems in the country! I think a major medical company should do a paid study on us :hello2:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRockDoc said:
What gets me the most is the smell after CRH'ing. It seems to me like I just cant get that smell off my hands no matter how many times I scrub them with soap. Any suggestions?

A product called "Kitchen Fresh Hands" hand soap made by Softsoap works pretty well. Follow that with a liquid hand sanitizer.

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
Piledriver said:
I love the feel of the coins in my hands, and I hate the feeling of latex gloves.

Cotton gloves are too clumsy for me, so soap and water it is.

I've gotten my hands worse for a lot less.
"I've gotten my hands worse for a lot less."

This just BEGS the question.....

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I managed to get pink eye due to CRH. I had an uncontrollable itch and I scratched without thinking about the fact I had just gone through $20 in CWR Pennies. Bad idea. Now if those were silver coins, I wouldn't have had to worry about it thanks to silver's antimicrobial properties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread