$500 Dimes (2 Boxes)

Straight_Flush89

Aug 10, 2011
So today I picked up $500 in machine wrapped dimes from the bank, now keep in mind I found 2 silver dimes in my last 250 box. I had 5 silver dimes in my collection this morning (after easily $5000 in dimes searched).

When I busted open the first roll, it had 3 silvers in it right off the bat. I'm psyched, and the next roll has 3 more. Almost every other roll had at least one silver. I also had a sweet roll that had 3 silvers right next to each other for a fat spot of silver in the roll. The first $250 box yielded 25 silver dimes total from the box, or half a roll of solid silver dimes. The second box yielded 10 silver dimes. All were rosies, with the oldest of the lot being two 1946 silver dimes. 35 silver dimes total, what is the melt value on that? :P

I thought a sweet score like this would cure my silver fever, but it just got like 100x worse. Will be dumping in the morning, and buying up more dimes from the same bank. Some hot boxes there.

Upvote 0

trololol

Aug 8, 2011
Straight_Flush89 said:
So today I picked up $500 in machine wrapped dimes from the bank, now keep in mind I found 2 silver dimes in my last 250 box. I had 5 silver dimes in my collection this morning (after easily $5000 in dimes searched).

When I busted open the first roll, it had 3 silvers in it right off the bat. I'm psyched, and the next roll has 3 more. Almost every other roll had at least one silver. I also had a sweet roll that had 3 silvers right next to each other for a fat spot of silver in the roll. The first $250 box yielded 25 silver dimes total from the box, or half a roll of solid silver dimes. The second box yielded 10 silver dimes. All were rosies, with the oldest of the lot being two 1946 silver dimes. 35 silver dimes total, what is the melt value on that? :P

I thought a sweet score like this would cure my silver fever, but it just got like 100x worse. Will be dumping in the morning, and buying up more dimes from the same bank. Some hot boxes there.

There are 2.5319 troy ounces of silver in 35 silver dimes. Melt is $98.62 when spot is $38.95.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Straight_Flush89 said:

Welcome to the ADDICTION! Good luck with it....

Nice score on dimes, I am going to start doing some and hope to have results like yours there...

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Welcome, it will only get worse from here! I haven't found my "score" yet. However, I am always looking for it and keep getting reassured that it will happen by visiting this site daily!

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011
Awesome! Sounds like someone dumped a collection into the mix. Definitely see how many you can get from them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions