Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually that not an alignment error, it is a rotated die error, and you are right, they are extremely uncommon, especially to that degree. Great find!!

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find, i have been checking for them for a long time but i never found one. congratulations!!!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a site that discussed State quarter rotated dies and they said uncirculated examples are valued at $50. Haven't found anything about halves yet.

OP
OP
goldinmypan

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
RATS, RATS AND DOUBLE RATS :'( :'( :'(

I just really looked close at this (30x) and it is FAKE. RATS.

If you look real close around the edge you can see where it had been hollowed out and reinserted. The same way they make 2 headed coins. I wonder if whoever did this did it to rip someone off and it was one of his rejects.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on the silver, espeically good ol' Ben! I didn't want to say anything but I looked at the photo and it looks like it was cut or hollowed out and then put back together. You can see it near the top of the halve photo. I found a couple like those before but put them back into circulation.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Lemme Guess...it is a secret stash where you can hide a very small item....I suppose you can just toss this in the "oddity" category...
;)

Congrats on the Ben.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread