Need help with diamonds. Any CRHers proficient in diamonds?

LeoTrench-MAINE

Aug 7, 2011
Americas Maritime Province
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1500 - $2000 is about right for ACTUAL value. If you bought it new from Rip-OFF-And SONS they'd charge you in the 5 - 7k range. The torch value is 1/10 of the real value to a jeweler -yeah, he'll give you $300 so it might be in the $3000 range in actual value (I don't have a sheet for cut,clarity, color and carat -the four 'C's). I have a friend that does this stuff and he'd have to see it in person as the .58 stone is 3/4 of the whole value. That's not a bad buy if your wife whats it though.

Trench

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LeoTrench-MAINE said:
$1500 - $2000 is about right for ACTUAL value. If you bought it new from Rip-OFF-And SONS they'd charge you in the 5 - 7k range. The torch value is 1/10 of the real value to a jeweler -yeah, he'll give you $300 so it might be in the $3000 range in actual value (I don't have a sheet for cut,clarity, color and carat -the four 'C's). I have a friend that does this stuff and he'd have to see it in person as the .58 stone is 3/4 of the whole value. That's not a bad buy if your wife whats it though.

Trench

So if I bought it.. Would I have better luck on Ebay? The girl wants to sell it. She listed it at $1,500, and said that it was appraised at $5K. I told her I might be able to give her around $800, but now I am second guessing myself if I will be able to make a $.

Shawn

LeoTrench-MAINE

Aug 7, 2011
Americas Maritime Province
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Shawn, this might help alittle...

http://www.washingtondiamond.com/Diamonds/Diamond-Calculator

Jewelery is a crappy, overpriced market. When I was in the Army my buddy bought a 14k gold necklace for $800. A reasonable value of $200 and At $695 an ounce the torch (scrap) value was $50 -he tried to sell it a month later.

Ask her if she has an appraisers certificate as this will help. At SI2 I don't think it comes with a geologists certification sheet -but ask her that too.

I'd try to get it at $1000 if it has the certifications.

Hope this helps.

Trench

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread