Coin Inventory Spreadsheet - REVISED! (Scroll to the bottom)

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Re: Coin Inventory Spreadsheet

Extremely helpful and definitely just saved it. Everyone on this forum can benefit from this for sure, myself included. :headbang:

Much Appreciated,
JJ

Half Crazy

Greenie
Aug 11, 2011
East TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Another example of the fantastic sharing that goes on here. Well done koala.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad you all like it. I just use it so I know what I have all the time. when I find/sell coins I just update. at one point I had other coins, but I moved to 90% for the most part.

Shawn

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina

Thanks for this sheet, Shawn. If I can figure out Google.docs I will try to post my gold and silver excel sheet on Monday when I have access to Microsoft Office. Some of you out there may be able to use this also when you're out at yard sales or flea markets to make sure you are getting a good deal.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a similar spreadsheet. I like yours better.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just spent the last couple of hours making some changes to the spreadsheet. It is different, and you still may like the first better (simpler w/less features).. Either way.. Let me know - give me some feedback!! I have to go spend some time with my wife now before she gets mad :tongue3:

When you follow the link, make sure you follow these steps so that the formulas are added in. When I upload to Google Docs, it strips the data because it enters a protective mode because the file is originating from the internet..

Anyhow..

1: Navigate to this link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...HfdmGdHFwY2ZtS1JCM19WdUZWdXE5UFBfekE&hl=en_US

2: File --> Download as Excel --> Save File

3: Open file (at this point the formulas are blank)

4: Depending on your version of Excel, you will see a thing at the top that says you are in protected view for your protection (office has detected a problem with this file.....) Click that..

5: There should be a button that says, "Edit anyway"

Click that and you should be good to go.. :icon_thumleft:

Save it once again, and you should not have to go through those steps again..

Shawn

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
Well dang! Didn't know you were making a revision! This sheet is great by the way. For some reason though I can't get it to refresh the silver price. Granted, I downloaded it as excel and I'm using it with openoffice. I would say that's probably why. Anyway, I spent some time modifying it to include gold, copper, and nickel as well. Then you get the total metal value of all your metals. Let me know what you think. Also, is there anyway I could get live prices using openoffice? I like it cause it's free! :) The metal prices have to be typed in manually but this is a way to know your total net worth in ALL your metals.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...FQrESdFRmdXlaM2E0R3BaMmJtREpLVE5ZVmc&hl=en_US

**Edit: I already see that I messed up the "percent nickel" cell for american nickel. Should be 25.

Alright, I was able to get the prices to update for all 4 metals in openoffice. Took a while to figure out how to import the external data and refresh but I got it. I guess excel does it differently than openoffice and that's why it wouldn't work. New one is up.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lovewiibrew said:
Well dang! Didn't know you were making a revision! This sheet is great by the way. For some reason though I can't get it to refresh the silver price. Granted, I downloaded it as excel and I'm using it with openoffice. I would say that's probably why. Anyway, I spent some time modifying it to include gold, copper, and nickel as well. Then you get the total metal value of all your metals. Let me know what you think. Also, is there anyway I could get live prices using openoffice? I like it cause it's free! :) The metal prices have to be typed in manually but this is a way to know your total net worth in ALL your metals.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...FQrESdFRmdXlaM2E0R3BaMmJtREpLVE5ZVmc&hl=en_US

**Edit: I already see that I messed up the "percent nickel" cell for american nickel. Should be 25.

Alright, I was able to get the prices to update for all 4 metals in openoffice. Took a while to figure out how to import the external data and refresh but I got it. I guess excel does it differently than openoffice and that's why it wouldn't work. New one is up.

Very nice!!! :hello2:

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Now Folks...

I kind of thought I missed the boat in regards to coin roll hunting, but have been told otherwise. I figure that I don't have anything to lose by trying except a little time. Still the thrill of the hunt is pretty fun in itself. Finding treasures is more fun but I digress. Thanks much for this spread sheet. I look forward to using it.

May all your rolls be heavy. Thanks for sharing Koala and Keep it Wild!

silverhound74

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I missed the boat... Spreadsheet no longer available???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread