goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only found two, both P. They had very low mints for 2009 dimes and nickels that year due to the recession. One of the strange effects of the economic downturn was that hard times required people to turn in coins for spending money. This caused an unprecedented surplus in coins, and demand was mostly satisfied. However, the new quarters and pennies had to be produced in appreciable, if not needed, numbers. I heard at one point the fed had a three year supply of quarters available. I have about half a roll of the 2009 dimes P&D, but I would love to find that D mint nickel

HH
-GC

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I keep them, I have found 4 2009Ds and 1 2009 P (In that time I have found 35 war nickels and 9 buffalos). I plan to fill a tube with 2009s and then stop, if I ever find that many!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i dont keep them, so if anyone wants to trade for any i get ill trade 1 roll of 40 for a 40%er...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
conpewter said:
I'd do that trade chainchomp, if you get a roll. (given current melt prices)

-Dave

cool :icon_thumleft: it will probably take a couple months to accumulate though if you dont mind. and do u have a preference on mint? if you dont, ill just send a mixed roll..keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep them if they are in decent condition (about half). I'm up to about 3 1/2 rolls of 2009-P and about a dozen 2009-D. Even circulated rolls are going for decent money on eBay, so they're worth keeping for that at least. I'm of the opinion that they are not really scarce, just poorly distributed geographically.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread