what do you think of this ebay listing???

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
At least his feedback doesn't show that he has sold any yet. Good on him if he does end up selling $40 face clad for $100+.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
And now we are making money by dumping our clad halves!! :icon_thumleft:

He tells you in the title and description they are clad....but shows silver halves in picture. If anyon falls for this Im going to crap my pants.

He must smoke the medical stuff ::)

OP
OP
seinfeld4077

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love it when it talks about the rise in metal prices, and i see a clad half in worth 11 cents..lol

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Go check out this scam artists other sale for over 2 ounces or 64 or earlier coins with silver. But at the bottom it says their all 64 nickels with a silver dime.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
I'd so buy it, and then file a dispute case , and demand for money back.
Reason : ~ Item not as described...( I counted out all the coin in the picture, and there are more than 80 coins in the picture, and then , I 'll also let them know that the rim of those halves that I received are dirty, and turning brown, bad half dollars.......)
Then send him back some Chuckie Chez' Token !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :hello2:
Who's the winner now? :laughing7: :hello:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont forget, he said they are metal, and metal prices are rising! Remember, there's a sucker born every minute, someone will bite the bait.

As was discussed on another thread, there are a lot of people in the states that do not know what money looks like and what its worth. I guess that is a good way for them to learn, just buy a batch of clad for triple the price.

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
I hate this type of eBay seller. They try to trick and cheat people with misleading titles and descriptions, hoping that no one will notice or read the fine print. All it does is make it harder for all the legitimate eBay sellers. It's not clever or ingenious. It's just a lie and he deserves the negative feedback and hassles that are inevitable with this type of listing. I hope no one bites on this BS auction.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I read the listing and the description does not infer silver coins in any way. Even gives the specific dates as being 1971 and after. The photo does not show any silver coins that coin be seen from what I see, the picture is not real clear from what I can see.

As far as the statement about halves not being in "circulation", that is actually true. When is the last time anyone here got a half dollar in their change? I cannot imagine anyone being dim witted enough to buy these coins at that price but anyone that would read the description listed and be compelled to buy these halves gets exactly what they deserve in my opinion.

Jim

Rooter

Apr 14, 2009
Central Florida mountains
It's easy to see what he's up to. He has crafted his titles and descriptions carefully to deceive. His intent to mislead is clear. Some won't have a problem with what he's doing. I personally see it as dishonest and a lame attempt at a scam. Most people will not be fooled but some one will not read carefully enough and purchase his item. He is hoping they will receive the coins and say nothing. More than likely they will realize what has happened, return the item, get a refund, and leave a negative. Caveat emptor? Yes unless it happens to you or a loved one.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Rooter said:
It's easy to see what he's up to. He has crafted his titles and descriptions carefully to deceive. His intent to mislead is clear. Some won't have a problem with what he's doing. I personally see it as dishonest and a lame attempt at a scam. Most people will not be fooled but some one will not read carefully enough and purchase his item. He is hoping they will receive the coins and say nothing. More than likely they will realize what has happened, return the item, get a refund, and leave a negative. Caveat emptor? Yes unless it happens to you or a loved one.

If what you are saying is true about his intent, etc, then what do you suppose should be done? Should ebay remove his item? Should there be a warning of some sort?

Like you said in your post "some one will not read carefully...". If that is true, whose fault is it, perhaps the one who did not read carefully? You might be 100% correct about the intent of the seller, but since there are not outright lies in the description of the product it should be the responsibility of the buyer to know what they are bidding on.

I know many in this day and age have forgotten about personal responsibility in many ways and tend to rely on the government and other institutions to think for us and provide for us in one way or another. It's always easier to blame somebody else or some outside source for our problems. I guess that is why we are in the current state we are in economically and otherwise to some extent.

Just my opinion.

Jim

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
He started buying some coins on ebay about a month ago. He has overpaid for some items (my opinion).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions