Question about searching for halves

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
I have not ordered a box of halves yet in the 6 months I have been doing this.I have been picking up customer rolls.In the six months I have been doing this I have found 218 %40 30 %90,and 1 peace dollar.Is this average?I go out about three times a week with a limited budget.I will at tax time start with buying boxes but for now I play with about $100.00 a day.Any advice would be great!!

Upvote 0

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if there is such a thing as an "average" in this game. If you are finding ANY you are doing better than some. You may go to boxes and not find any. Good luck though!

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey whats up tmjones :wink: I have not ordered or have gotten halves before, but those numbers of halves you found with only $100 dollars is AWESOME :hello2: :headbang: compared to other people!! people order BOXES and some wouldn't ever find the amount you have in 6 months, so I say you have done very well! But as many have said before there is and will never be an average or absolute in this hobby. Good Luck and HH!

OP
OP
tmjones550

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
Thanks guys,I have often wondered how to be good at this,I have always bought silver but stumbled on crh.I was at a bank getting some change and happened to look at the tellers change till and saw a silver half dollar.I asked if I could buy it and she said she had about $20.00 in rolls.I can't remember how much silver I picked out but I remember thinking how come I didnt think of this route of finding silver years ago.I had been buying halves at dealers for years.CRHing has changed my life and my way of thinking about how much is still out there.This has to be the greatest hobby ever!!!!!!!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You only need to list the total amount searched dollar-wise, and then we can take an average. For instance, I've searched $8,200 in halves this year, mostly cwr, and maybe 6 boxes.
My average is - 1 40% per $75 searched
and - 1 90% per $1,171 searched

Nothing to write home about, but I mainly search dimes.

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Sounds to me like you are doing above average and have a good flow for wherever you are. Eventually it will become thin. Until then - enjoy the ride.

HH

Bentfork

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me in the limited time that I have hunted silver that there are only two ways to score. 1. Volume. 2. Luck. You obviously are getting more of the latter. Doing boxes wouldn't hurt but then again you may do thousands of dollars worth and get nothing.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice is read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
My thoughts are do what seems to work, and what your doing sure appears to be WORKING!! I think your doing wonderful and wish I and others on this forum had your luck. When I stop and ask for loose halves or customer rolls, I but them all, regardless if they have silver or not. They (the tellers) get to know that when I come in I will take them all and they start to save them for me. I find silver, but your REALLY finding silver. You don't say where your hunting, but it looks like that is where I should be :icon_thumleft:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've been CRHing for almost a year, and get 2 boxes a week.

You are doing much, much better that I am. I wish I had results like that!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions