timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those finds, u don't need to dump anything after that find.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
nice - did you just notice the coin in the tray and buy the one coin? reminds me of getting a single '64 Kennedy at a bank earlier this year from a teller that only had this one half and he seemed to be saving it because he knew it was silver but he sold it to me and I don't even bank there. I thought he was going to ask me if I had an account there and use that as an excuse not to sell it to me so he could keep it but he didn't ask and I had my own nice small score.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
And if he had decided not to sell it to me because I didn't have an acct there - I might have been tempted to open an acct. just to get the half. Fortunately though, I didn't have to make that decision

OP
OP
Generic_Lad

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
nice - did you just notice the coin in the tray and buy the one coin? reminds me of getting a single '64 Kennedy at a bank earlier this year from a teller that only had this one half and he seemed to be saving it because he knew it was silver but he sold it to me and I don't even bank there. I thought he was going to ask me if I had an account there and use that as an excuse not to sell it to me so he could keep it but he didn't ask and I had my own nice small score.

Yep, the tellers at my dump bank let me go through their trays and pick out any silver or unusual coins I can spot.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
'Yep, the tellers at my dump bank let me go through their trays and pick out any silver or unusual coins I can spot. '

Now that's what I call customer service. I wonder if they will continue to let you do this as inflation and pm prices continue to rise. You'd think they would get smart and search their trays themselves.But I guess they are just bankers and like most people in this country they probably have no real concept of money and probably still think money is paper. I love this hobby!

Keep on searching!

OP
OP
Generic_Lad

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah, I worked at my dump bank for a while during some summers so they know me and really don't mind me dumping there, heck, most of the time they don't mind me buying and then dumping later on. I save out Ikes for one teller and I've nearly filled up a penny book of wheats for one teller and now helping her with her Indian head cent collection and another I save out any interesting paper money finds for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread