Found a nice cache - roll worth of silver halves

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been to a particular bank twice, for $20 and $50 in halves, and each time it produced silver with MWR I've never seen before. They didn't look old...just not the typical NF Strings & Sons I typically see in this area.

After $50 last friday http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=421430.0 I called the bank today to aska bout buying a $1000 CD and to see how many halves I could get from them as a customer. $200 they said.

So I busted up there, bought my $1000 CD, and got $200 in halves.

2x 1964 JFK
18x 40% JFKs

I asked the teller/personal banker that sold me the CD if they ordered these from their supplier or rolled them on a machine they own.

"We ordered these, but sometimes if we get a lot we'll put them in the brown wrappers"
"Ah, cool! Do you think you'd be able to order me some of these on a weekly basis?"
"I don't know, but I can check and give you a call when I find out..."
"That would be great, thanks a bunch!"

Hopefully these are fairly new MWRs and I found a bank that can supply me with consistent finds like this, and it isn't just a vein in MWR...

Attachments

• IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 655
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I called the bank in question, they were more than happy to order me a box of halves. Super friendly, and their previous MWR produced silver...chances are their next order will too! I'll only find out by ordering...wish me luck gents!

I feel like I'm dreaming, never thought I'd find a nice bank that also produced silver. :laughing9: Someone pinch me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread