solid roll of quarters and dimes with PICS

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I dropped my kids off for the first day of school made my way to my dump bank and returned $50 in pennies. I then spent most of the day working in my office. On the way to pick up the kids I stopped a two banks and found $1.50 in clad halves in a teller tray. After school my oldest son tell me he needs a bible for religion class. I head to the book store to pick one up. On the way home I realized I was out of pennies to search. I stopped at a Chase and asked for halves, the teller had $10 in her tray. Another teller over heard us and said had some. I asked how much she had and she said $2500. I decided to buy $500 to see how they went. She then started to pull out some Dollar rolls, I told her I was looking for halves of course she misheard what I was looking for. Being the good Coin Roll Searcher that I am I notice some white rimmed quarters in her tray. I asked if they were Canadian. (I live 8 miles form Canada so I see a lot of them) she had about 10 white rimmed quarters in her tray, more than usual. She checked them and they were all Canadian. As she was looking them over I explained that my son collects them and often the ones with white rims are the ones he is looking for. She said, "I have some of those" and pulls out a roll of quarters labeled "silver quarters" I said, "I will take them". Then she says, "I have dimes too". They had "Silver Dimes" written on them. She then got my box of pennies. I told her thanks and that I hoped my son would find some he needed.

It was difficult not to open them on the way home. I let my son Tanner open them. Both were solid AU. There was one Merc dime 1944.

Attachments

• IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 685
Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent score :icon_thumright:

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: Easy Street

First day without the kids and this.....

Makes you wonder what else is to come with your new found free time.

OH YEEEEAHHHHHH!

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! Totally hoping and praying that happens to me sometime

Ginkawa

Aug 11, 2011
see.. this is why people need to at LEAST tell their spouse and whoever will be inheriting their estate when they kick it, about their hobby.

the only way I can imagine that sort of thing even existing in a bank, and being able to be given to a customer, is someone getting a hold of it who didn't know what they had...

I don't know how you managed to keep your eyes from popping out of your head, and grinning like a fool... if you did manage to.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Goldmanford said:
Excellent find! I would let the teller know that your son had fun with those and see if she remembered if there were anymore hiding in the vault. :wink:

I went back this morning to make a house payment (on one of my rentals) and made sure I ended up at her window. I told her that my son was able to fill some holes in his coin book and had fun searching through them. She said she did not have any more silver rolls but I bought had 4 more rolls with the same wrapper anyway, but they had no writing on them, all were clad. I gave her my card and asked her to call if anymore came in. We will see how it goes.

Funny, she was the one who called them silver (I called them "coins white rims") and she knew that they were silver but not that they had any extra value.

Keep on Searching
Gordon and Tanner

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...that is just totally stunning.

I'd fall over in the lobby if I found something like that!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread