Detailed CRH Logs

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Altough I am on the forum daily, and CRH almost 7 days a week, I am still a rookie. My results have been great because I put in the time.

However, I have not been keeping monthly totals like I see everyone posts on here after each month. Additionally, I keep no logs whatsoever, so I couldn't tell you my rate of return, or averages.

Well starting September 1, I started keeping records on what I have searched and the results. I look foward to posting them after September. I think it should be interesting, and neat to look back and see exactly how much I have searched.

I think I have seen only one other post with detailed searches.

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, I keep information of amount searched, finds, type of wrapper, and pick up- If I ever had the time to do the necessary calculations I would be able to know mathematically which pick up bank and which type of wrapper produce the best, but I have over a thousand entries to condense and I find that large scores can throw off averages

HH
-GC

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started January 17 of this year, the first hunt i did. have been keeping setails on microsoft word in color coded format(red for pennies, blue for nickels, green for dimes, orange for quarters and yellow for halves. hope this helps.

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
I just keep a spreadsheet. I'm fairly new so have only searched $120 in coins so far. My list keeps track of when I got it, what bank, any finds and where I dumped it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I used to keep records, but found it too tedious and took some of the fun out of the hunt. Some people like to quantify their finds with some going so far as tracking the price of silver in relation to their current holdings to calculate a net worth. When you've been in the game long enough, one more half is just "one for the pile". My advice - do what makes you happy. Tossing one on to the pile with a shrug - :icon_thumright: Breaking out the abacus and keeping meticulous records - :icon_thumleft:

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I keep records for tax purposes.

The small losses you get from all the exchanges add up. Theses losses and the cost of the coin count against the profit you get when you sell the silver. It is called your "Basis" for Schedule D, Capital Gains.

Keep on Rollin' !

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Amounts, dates, and losses.

Once it goes into my "bank", I don't want to have to get into it on a daily basis.

Records give me a running tally of the amount of ounces of Junk I own. It's a great motivator.

Keep on Rollin' !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread