Hard work pays off! Big day for silver! New lofty goal

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, today I was determined to find some silver. Went around a new area dumping all my halves. All the banks I went to I asked for halves in the vault as well. In all I probably searched around $2000 today. One interesting story, a teller actually let me buy a full bag of halves of a coin counter. She later told me her manager yelled at her >:(. That $1000 gave me over three ounces of silver!
28- %40
5-%90 JFK
2- Ben Franklin
1- 1961 Dime (my first ever, found it in some change in my house :headbang:)
My goal is to fill that container with silver by January 1st of this year. Anyone have any other goals like that? Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• halves 9-6-11.jpeg
    halves 9-6-11.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 722
  • Ben 9-6-11.jpeg
    Ben 9-6-11.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 738
  • goal.jpg
    goal.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
sweet finds!!!! and great goal, one question though, january 1st of this year? thats gonna be hard to accomplish considering its september hahaha. keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score, I wish you luck on your goal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
sweet finds!!!! and great goal, one question though, january 1st of this year? thats gonna be hard to accomplish considering its september hahaha. keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]
Fill the jar by december 31st 11.59pm this year then :tongue3:

td31

Jun 27, 2011
id get that teller some chocolate. got yelled at for you. probably add some points next time they see you.

nice silver score! good luck on the goal

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
td31 said:
id get that teller some chocolate. got yelled at for you. probably add some points next time they see you.

Exactly what I was thinking. Im going back early tommorow morning. Im hoping if I get the whole bank some then her coworkers wont rat her out again, maybe get a few more of those bags :tongue3:.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
great score and good luck. :thumbsup:

the only goal I can think of for myself is to just keep trying to beat my previous best score which as of last Fri. is 3 solid rolls of BF's and WL's and three 40%ers from just a $91 cwr search. It may take me a while to beat that one but who knows - that's what so great about this hobby - you just never know when your next great score might be. you just got to keep on searchin'. :)

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
great score and good luck. :thumbsup:

the only goal I can think of for myself is to just keep trying to beat my previous best score which as of last Fri. is 3 solid rolls of BF's and WL's and three 40%ers from a $91 search. It may take me a while to beat that one but who knows - that's what so great about this hobby - you just never know when your next great score might be. you just got to keep on searchin'. :)
Wow congrats, that score would fill my jar quick lol. And this hobby is addicting. Like the lottery but there is no losing ;D

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
And this hobby is addicting. Like the lottery but there is no losing ;D

Yeah I agree. That's what's great about CRHing. Other than some time and maybe a little gas money there is really nothing to loose and everything to gain. And as pm prices keep going higher and higher the profits from this hobby just get better and better.

It was just less than 2 years ago when 90% halves were worth about what 40% halves are now. And before long the 90% will probably be worth over $20 each and the 40%ers will be worth about $10 - and still going higher. :)

What a great hobby. HH

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
TCOZY13 said:
And this hobby is addicting. Like the lottery but there is no losing ;D

What a great hobby. HH

Yea its so fun, I am trying to get as much as I can. Im pretty sad that I missed out on "the good old days" (90's and early 2000's) when, according to other treasurenetters there were 4 or 5 silvers per roll :/.... O well its still fun

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
td31 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Im going back early tommorow morning. Im hoping if I get the whole bank some then her coworkers wont rat her out again, maybe get a few more of those bags :tongue3:.

I've been thinking about doing something like that with some of my favorite tellers. I suppose just about everybody likes chocolate so I just need to figure out exactly what to buy and how much I want to spend. I see a lot of tellers every week but some of them I have better luck with than others so I suppose my "best luck tellers" (as well as some of the cute blonds of course) would be at the top of the list.:)

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
TCOZY13 said:
td31 said:

I've been thinking about doing something like that with some of my favorite tellers.
Ive bought hersheys bars for my supply bank after a huge day, it worked better than I can imagine. Theyll order me however many boxes I want, theyll even let me put my hands over the counter and search there drawers ;D. Alot of charisma and being nice helps too. Id suggest going to a store, buying a 6 pack of Hersheys chocalate bars and giving them out there. Only costs a few bucks and its well worth the added benefits. Get regular chocalate bars because you dont know if people are allergic to peanuts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread