carson city silver

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like any true CRH'er we took a vaction to carson city to visit the mint....a coin hunters pilgrimage...lol anyways, the mint was amazing, and we couldn't resist, hit a few banks, and found 35 bucks worth of halves, which netted a single '67 kennedy. i was surprised in the gift shop at the mint, they were selling gold for under spot. e had a 46 grain nugget for 170 and its worth nearly 180. i highly recommend this trip to everyone on the board that hasn't been. -john.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
seinfeld4077

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...also the coin shop across the street from the mint was amazing....so many grade cc coins, and some awesome cc morgan error all graded...the prices were high though. there was a line of people just waiting to cash in their silver coins, i felt like walking up and offering them more. im not sure what they were getting for their coins, but im sure i would of matched them, plus more. i saw one man drop a large canvas bag on the desk and heard that silver sound and wished they cashed them in the banks i was about to visit...lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions