Is the Penny Hoarder sorter worth it?

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://penniesnmore.weebly.com/products.html

It claims to be able to sort 7 coins per second, which would add up to 25,200 per hour. It's fed manually though. It's $114.95, and the automatic variant called the Penny Miner is $369.95. While I can afford to drop $500 on a Ryedale, I'd really rather not drop that kind of money on a sorting machine. Ryedale seems to no longer offer their sniper model for $100.

Upvote 0

ragz

Sep 2, 2012
SoDak
Detector(s) used
GTi2500 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin chute feed issue with comparitors

Decided to order up enough parts and pieces to build a couple coin sorters for myself.

After enduring continual jams and misfeeds at the entry point of the comparitor; I finally came up with an easy and cheap fix to guide the coins through this chute.

Picked up a section of cable channel or Wiremold 1-5/16-in x 60-in Cord Cover for home/office the kind with two pieces that snap together for organizing cords and affixing it to the wall.

Essentially I cut the mold to length and utilized a hot air gun ( type like a hair dryer but hotter ) to shape my coin chute to the proper angle and radius. Then used a glue gun to mount it to the comparitor.

Then found that the occasional jam ( caused by the many sticky nasty cents being sent through the hopper ) were difficult to free up.

So, I found some clear plastic and made a slit in the middle to make it easy to remove stuck coins, paper from coin rolls, etc.

This will help all with their sorting machine projects.

IMG_5931_resize.JPG

IMG_5936_resize.JPG

IMG_5937_resize.JPG

IMG_5939_resize.JPG

IMG_5934_resize.JPG

Last edited:

ragz

Sep 2, 2012
SoDak
Detector(s) used
GTi2500 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purchased the MKII hoppers off of feebay ... then I ordered more parts from Suzo Happ website; hopper extensions, comparitor mount, base clamp etc. cube hopper at SUZO-HAPP

I've built two machine for just under $200 including comparitors. One used CC-16 Coin Mechanisms and one new "comparable comparitor" which I don't suggest anyone buy if at all possible. It works, but has too many issues being a plastic china knock off. Model CH-268T

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a copper sorter on eBay for like 30 idk if anyone has seen it or heard about it I wa thinking if buying it

ragz

Sep 2, 2012
SoDak
Detector(s) used
GTi2500 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can sort through a box of cents in a little over an hour. That's keeping the copper, WAM errors, wheats, Indians, and other errors. I wouldn't get it but that's just me.

Fun

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
For_web_01.jpg

or get one of these,a penny miser, if you really want to drag the time out. have "song of the volga boatmen" playing while you sort, it will make a second turn into a year, a minute a decade, and an hour a century.

ragz

Sep 2, 2012
SoDak
Detector(s) used
GTi2500 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the link or model number? Can it sort through six cents per second?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread