Anyone buy a "dime bag" off of a coin counter?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Anyone buy a "dime bag" off of a coin counter?

I have 50+ banks in town. Very few, if any, have coin counters, if they do they contract with coinstar, so they can't sell bags. My tiny credit union has an awesome counter and can fill a $500 bag of dimes in about 2 minutes.
I've never bought a bag of dimes. What I do is buy the bag of loose rolls from banks that don't have counters. I can usually score $1,000 in cwr from 2-3 banks. I went from searching boxes, to buying these bags, for the chance of solid silver rolls. Hasn't happened yet, although I have scored rolls with 25+ silvers.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

I will also say that searching loose dimes in a bag is a pain the a$$, as opposed to searching rolls.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

I seriously considered buy a few dime bags, but the horror stories I've read here have kept me from doing it.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other

I was lucky/misfortunate to get a full bag from my bank's coin counter. After my 60 year old eyes got through, I had found one silver dime. The unfortunate part is the bag was $10 short. Oh well, Jim

I am sure it was someone's dumps. I would buy a virgin bag off a coin counter anytime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread