Odd results from a box and $200 halves

HaveAnyHalves?

Sep 14, 2011
Stopped in a bank earlier in the week looking for loose halves and a box of dimes and they said they had no halves, but another teller stepped up and said they have some at this other branch. So she proceeds to call them and ask how many they have, which she informs me they have $700 worth. The other branch was out of the way for me and kinda figured they were someone's dump anyway, so I passed. Did think that was awfully nice of that teller though. :thumbsup: Skip ahead to yesterday and getting impatient for my 4 boxes tomorrow, I make the drive over to this bank and just purchase $200 of the halves to see if they are all really just dumps or not. They were new Brinks rolls. Took my 4 year old son to the park and let him play while I went through them. Found 1 90% and 4 40 % so I was pretty happy and figured I would go get the rest. Go in there and ask for the other $500, but an edlerly teller steps up and goes "Why do you want them? Are you looking for silver?". Told her I am a collector, so she asked if I had an account there and I reluctantly said yes, even though I did not. Good thing a car pulled up in the drive thru, as I would have probably just turned around and left if she questioned further. The original teller comes back from the vault with a sealed Brinks box, and I got absolutely zero silver from it. So, good luck with the $200, but skunk on the box. Weird how it works sometimes.

Upvote 0

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
Yeah, most of us realize that finding silver is a complete crapshoot but...

" Told her I am a collector, so she asked if I had an account there and I reluctantly said yes, even though I did not. "

Maybe Karma turned that box into a skunk ???

OP
OP
H

HaveAnyHalves?

Sep 14, 2011
Yeah, first time I have done that....Would not have had to say anything if that crabby old teller would have not interjected herself into my transaction with the teller I was purchasing them from. Get back in the drive thru and mind your own business.. ::)

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Good you got silver but I think that is one of my worst peeves when it comes to CRH. I would prefer to search an entire box and be skunked until the last roll and find silver that to find silver in the very first roll, get all hyped up and then be skunked the rest of the box.

Probably best you didn't splurge on the whole $500 box first because I bet you wouldn't have gone back for the remaining $200 and you would have missed the silver.

Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread