Some Saturday Humor....not ALL PeachesnCream

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Saturday Humor....not ALL Peaches'n'Cream

Well, I think it's only fair to the New Hunters to see the good, the bad, the ugly of CRH. Nothing better than a good old dose of reality. It's not all good out here in these waters.

So as many of you know, I give it my ALL on Saturdays. Saturdays are my days!! I am truely dissapointed from today's results. Yes, I got 5 Rosies! But how much work did it entail??? Read on.

90 Mile Roadtrip
some rude tellers
some Culling tellers
some hot tellers
getting stuck in traffic in a small town because of a parade
some customer asking if "I took the silver ones out??" real loud so the world could hear.
My little boy having to "go potty" every hour
In and out, in and out, in and out
Starting car 15 times
Getting lost, who creates these maps?
calling wife on phone to ask where the hell I missed my turn to get to this bank
Interpreting her map reading skills over the phone
Back tracking
U-turns
Cutting people off on the road to make my turn into the bank
Spilled coins under the seat of my car
Spilled goldfish in the backseat of my very nice car
Making small talk with 25 different tellers (2.1 per bank)
Keeping notes on honeyhole banks, or banks that seem to cull
Thinking I am going to get robbed by suspicious taxi driver
Thanking the Lord I didnt have to shoot him if he tried
Keeping stats
Trying to read my chicken scratch while driving
Checking halves while driving
Turning around every 42 seconds because of boy in carseat, "daddy look"
Almost hitting a gasonline bottle on the freeway
Almost getting hit by dumb rich woman on cell phone
Having to talk to 7 total strangers because they keep complimenting how cute son is
Re-rolling coins
Posting on Tnet
Reading posts on Tnet
having to comment on posts on Tnet

ALL THIS for 5 Rosies and all Skunk on Halves?? It's days like this where you just want to.....(fill in the blank)

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Re: It's not all good for Happy (a must read)

Gilmore Happy said:
It's days like this where you just want to.....(fill in the blank)

walk into the local coin shop, plunk down $15 for 5 Mercury dimes, and take the wife and little one to the park for the afternoon.

OP
OP
Gilmore Happy

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's not all good for Happy (a must read)

clovis97 said:
Gilmore Happy said:
It's days like this where you just want to.....(fill in the blank)

walk into the local coin shop, plunk down $15 for 5 Mercury dimes, and take the wife and little one to the park for the afternoon.

Ughh, I'm going to be sick because it's so true.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Re: Some Saturday Humor....not ALL Peaches'n'Cream

Its days like that when I just want to throw a roll of clad kennedys through one of the banks windows.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

Oh my god, you are on one dude, I was reading along and got to the "daddy look" comment, spit my milk all over my keyboard and screen, they type of "incident" where it comes out your nose, which is making matters worse.... (graham crackers and milk before bed- ya know).

My son just turned two in Aug, and this last week he got real creative- daddy look! look dad. see dad. look dad... DADDDDDDY. dad?.. most the time it's the quick head turn, and yeah son-that's awesome! but when you are sifting through coins, reading your map, watching for your turn and switching lanes to get over in time-or whatever it might be. Sometimes you just cant respond right that second? well as you know, the phrase "DADDY LOOK" gets louder and louder and more and more direct- until he finally just screams (in a scary mean old man voice)- CHRIS! That one got me to look for sure, and I'll be gosh darned if he hasnt called me Chris ever since... what the helll do you do when your barely 2 yr old has been calling you by your first name for two weeks???

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

does the wife use the "first name" loudly when she's pissed? -- he learned that one from mommy did he? :tongue3: ::)

remember as long as you answer to it --he will use it .

children should never be allowed to call the parents on a "first name"" basis * --it means your lesser or at best "equal" status wize to them -- adults should ALWAYS be = "SUPERIOR" in ranking talk wize with children (who is the boss after all ?)-- sure you love your kids , but bottom line --your their parent first and buddy second * --never ever forget that.-- they might not always feel like they love you --but they MUST always respect you.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010

that was a great post! so true in regards to kids. Mine are older now - 13, 11, 9, & 8 but I sure remember the, "daddy look!!"

That is a really long day for those results and the above comment of going to coin shop and paying $15 for the coins was dead on. However, one never knows how the day will turn out.

All your other reasons were ones we all encounter so it was rather funny to see them said by someone else.

best to you

MU

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best post I've read on this forum in a looong time. You are spot on. My son is 8 and has gone on many saturday road trips and achieved many lollipop highs compliments from the bank tellers.

But let me tell you folks you have not lived until you have tried to get ketchup/catsup out of an I-phone's charging port while sorting coins and driving.

As far as to my wife...I know I'm in trouble when she calls me "Evil Spouse"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice post you got some silver though! hh

Piledriver

May 21, 2011

I am soooo glad you don't CRH in my Area.

I think you would starve me out PRONTO !

You are one tough CRH'er.

Keep on Rollin' !

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I bet most of us read these forums for the uplifting stories of people raking in silver but this is more or less the average day of a CRH is it not? The fact is that a lot of days we all go through these rituals and conflicts and many times don't score anything. Its not nearly as easy as this forum can make it seem.

Sep 8, 2011

Wow, from reading these posts it sounds like you're all going to have to sell your finds to pay for increased auto insurance premiums. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread