Dream Half Bag and Dream Silver Week! ***PICTURES POSTED***

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHers,

Many of you veterans know me because I used to post like gangbusters from last fall until about May but got to a point where I decided I wanted to spend more time hunting and less time posting. I search about 5 boxes of halves a week and about 2k-3k of dimes a week depending on what I can find. This week was absolutely great so I couldn't resist posting!!! :icon_sunny:

I picked up a bag of halves off of a coin machine today (luckily this branch is open on Sundays) and it was my best bag ever! While dumping halves yesterday at this very same branch the bag filled up after only about $75 of my halves. I rarely dump coins at this branch but when I do it is usually dimes. At any rate, when the teller pulled the bag I could see it was riddled with a bunch of foreign coins and SILVER halves! :thumbsup: The date on the bag was 3/19/11 so this bag took 6 months to fill!!! :icon_thumright:

I was so excited I begged and pleaded with her to sell me the bag and she gave me every lame excuse in the book! I assured her I would not bring the coins back to dump at this branch but she said it was policy not to sell bags off the machine. I thought this was a lame excuse too because I buy bags from other branches of this bank now and again and told her this but she wouldn't budge. I was so pissed off I figured I would come back today to ask again and/or complain hoping there was a different manager on duty and I would get the bag. Sure enough, I was right, and I was sold the bag by another manager without any problems or questions whatsoever!!! :headbang:

Reminds me of a great Bible quote:

New Living Translation (©2007)
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

Truer words could not be spoken, especially when it comes to this hobby. :sign13:

Bag contained:

[1] '45 WL
[7] '64s
[34] 40%ers
[28] Half Dollar sized foreign coins from all over the world but none were silver!
[5] flattened pennies

AND

$10.75 in quarters
$1.60 in dimes
$0.15 in nickels
$0.42 in pennies

AND

Pins, buttons, paperclips, watch batteries, a car wash token, and some garbage! :dontknow:

The bag was about $7 short if you consider the [28] foreign coins [$14] that was counted as halves. They are all cool looking so I am not really upset about this. :D

I also recovered the following this week from my usual hunting:

[1] '64
[19] 40%ers
[39] silver roosies
[3] mercs
[1] KG silver Can dime
[2] QE silver Can dimes

Weekly Totals:

[9] 90%ers :icon_thumright:
[53] 40%ers :icon_thumright:
[45] silver dimes :icon_thumright:

[107] pieces and over $580 in SILVER!!! :headbang:

Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics (coming soon), and happy hunting!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Attachments

• silver_halves.jpg
    silver_halves.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 750
  • silver_dimes.jpg
    silver_dimes.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 765
  • foreign.jpg
    foreign.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 743
Upvote 0

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Re: Dream Half Bag and Dream Silver Week!

That's a pretty productive week. All the great find lately are really motivating me to pick it up this week.

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

looking forward to the pics as i'm sure everyone else is lol. Nice job!! :icon_thumright:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

You had quite a productive week and your persistence really paid off. And nice job on all those dimes too. :thumbsup:

HH

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
WOW!!!!! What a haul!!!!

Congrats...and start posting more often!!! I miss reading your posts.

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
WOW!!!!! What a haul!!!!

Congrats...and start posting more often!!! I miss reading your posts.

Thanks Friend! I will start posting more again as the weather turns and I spend more time inside and less time outside fighting the snow and cold! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good recovery on the bag. Sometimes you just have to be persistant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread