Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2011

$100 Nickel Box From Bank of America

This is what I got... (2) silver nickels, (1) 1939-S Nickel, (8) 2009-D Nickels, Many of Pre-1960 Nickels, and (1) Singapore Twenty Cent Coin

Not Bad
    Coins Found In 2011

Wheat Cents 220
    Buffalo Nickels 1
    Silver Nickels 7
    Silver Dimes 2
    Pre 1960 Nickels 120
    Silver Quarters 2

us
    Jun 2011
    Laurel, Mississippi
    Garrett ACE 250
    10 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

Re: $100 Nickel Box From Bank of America

That is an excellent nickel box!
    2011 Conference USA CHAMPIONS!!

us
    Sep 2011
    Ohio
    White's MXT Pro
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by barajas9536
    This is what I got... (2) silver nickels, (1) 1939-S Nickel, (8) 2009-D Nickels, Much of Pre-1960 Nickels, and (1) Singapore Twenty Cent Coin

Not Bad

Congrats. I did 2 boxes of nickels today as well and scored 4 war nickels and 1 that I needed for my collection. One of the few nickles I need is that '39-s! Haha.

HH,
    Cody.

us
    Aug 2011

Congrats. I did 2 boxes of nickels today as well and scored 4 war nickels and 1 that I needed for my collection. One of the few nickles I need is that '39-s! Haha.

HH,
    Cody.
    [/quote]

Wow 4 nickels from two boxes. I get luck if i get 1 from 2 boxes.
    Coins Found In 2011

Wheat Cents 220
    Buffalo Nickels 1
    Silver Nickels 7
    Silver Dimes 2
    Pre 1960 Nickels 120
    Silver Quarters 2

us
    Aug 2011
    North Carolina
    1 times

It's like 2009 didn't exist for me in nickels. I still have not found one yet!

Good finds!

us
    Sep 2011
    2 times

When going to B of A. Do you have to order your boxes or have an account? A friend of mine used to work there and said they took in lots of money so always had lots of coins on hand without needing to order boxes for people.

us
    Aug 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mws_1984
    When going to B of A. Do you have to order your boxes or have an account? A friend of mine used to work there and said they took in lots of money so always had lots of coins on hand without needing to order boxes for people.
    I have an account with them...I just walk in and ask "Hi, I was wondering if I can get a box of nickels?" and right after that I slide the money down." 9/10 time they don't ask if I have an account with them. They always get them from the merchant teller but the carry quiet a few in the back. Except for halves they have to order them, and in my branch they only order for at least $1,000.
    Coins Found In 2011

Wheat Cents 220
    Buffalo Nickels 1
    Silver Nickels 7
    Silver Dimes 2
    Pre 1960 Nickels 120
    Silver Quarters 2

us
    Sep 2011
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by barajas9536
    Quote Originally Posted by mws_1984
    I have an account with them...I just walk in and ask "Hi, I was wondering if I can get a box of nickels?" and right after that I slide the money down." 9/10 time they don't ask if I have an account with them. They always get them from the merchant teller but the carry quiet a few in the back. Except for halves they have to order them, and in my branch they only order for at least $1,000.
    I like the fact that you said they don't ask if you have an account. It really shouldn't matter to me. If I have $ and would like to buy some coins then I should have the right. I was intrigued to use them as my friend said they keep a good stock since they are getting some other Credit Unions stuff sometimes being so big.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors