GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
barajas9536 said:
This is what I got... (2) silver nickels, (1) 1939-S Nickel, (8) 2009-D Nickels, Much of Pre-1960 Nickels, and (1) Singapore Twenty Cent Coin

Not Bad :icon_sunny:

Congrats. I did 2 boxes of nickels today as well and scored 4 war nickels and 1 that I needed for my collection. One of the few nickles I need is that '39-s! Haha.

HH,
Cody.

OP
OP
barajas9536

barajas9536

Aug 24, 2011
Congrats. I did 2 boxes of nickels today as well and scored 4 war nickels and 1 that I needed for my collection. One of the few nickles I need is that '39-s! Haha.

HH,
Cody.
[/quote]

Wow 4 nickels from two boxes. I get luck if i get 1 from 2 boxes.

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
When going to B of A. Do you have to order your boxes or have an account? A friend of mine used to work there and said they took in lots of money so always had lots of coins on hand without needing to order boxes for people.

OP
OP
barajas9536

barajas9536

Aug 24, 2011
mws_1984 said:
When going to B of A. Do you have to order your boxes or have an account? A friend of mine used to work there and said they took in lots of money so always had lots of coins on hand without needing to order boxes for people.
I have an account with them...I just walk in and ask "Hi, I was wondering if I can get a box of nickels?" and right after that I slide the money down." 9/10 time they don't ask if I have an account with them. They always get them from the merchant teller but the carry quiet a few in the back. Except for halves they have to order them, and in my branch they only order for at least $1,000.

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
barajas9536 said:
mws_1984 said:
I have an account with them...I just walk in and ask "Hi, I was wondering if I can get a box of nickels?" and right after that I slide the money down." 9/10 time they don't ask if I have an account with them. They always get them from the merchant teller but the carry quiet a few in the back. Except for halves they have to order them, and in my branch they only order for at least $1,000.

I like the fact that you said they don't ask if you have an account. It really shouldn't matter to me. If I have $ and would like to buy some coins then I should have the right. I was intrigued to use them as my friend said they keep a good stock since they are getting some other Credit Unions stuff sometimes being so big.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread