Dense, Dense Downtown Road Trip - Practically Skunked

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I tried an afternoon "road trip" to the Big City near where I live. Wow, what a lot of banks all within walking distance. I must have covered 20 or 30 banks this afternoon - many multiples of the common banks, plus banks I'd never heard of before.

Overall, a nice experience. Many had absolutely nothing in halves or big dollars. Some had a couple of bucks' worth. One (where I have an account) had actually more than I could take - about $1100 in Brinks rolls. I got a couple of hundred for the heck of it, but i was on foot so I didn't really have a way to clean them out!

I was most optimistic about the few banks had an envelope full of halves that they were happy to get rid of. (One bank's halves looked like they had been vomited on - yuck!)

Many banks mentioned that somebody had just cleaned them out yesterday. One said they just sold their halves a few minutes ago.

When all was said and done, the only keeper in all of that was a cruddy 1968. So not a skunk, but not quite worth all the effort!

Maybe this wasn't the best picking because there seemed to be a lot of turnover; I guess in this city there is a lot of CRH competition. Oh well.

Time to go visit a less metropolitan area. I think I'll have better luck there.

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
You gotta wonder who this mysterious person is "who just cleaned them out a few minutes ago." You could have been just steps behind another CRH. I had that happen when we went on a vacation earlier this year. I just missed the halves everywhere I went. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread