(2) $500 Boxes of Dimes from Bank of America...and no silver why???

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding silver coins is easier when using a good metal detector in the older parts of town. Even at old swimming holes where a concession stand was years ago. Coin roll hunting is doing it the hard way. I gave it up years ago.

That depends on your location. I don't think you'd find anyone in my region that would agree with your statement.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
As others have said, keep plugging away. Slowly the sliver will trickle in. I ran 23 boxes of halves once without a piece of silver, then a jackpot of 58 90% coins in 1 box.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My MD'ing dime totals come no where near my roll hunting finds. I cherry pick when MD'ing, and I get Barbers, mercs, and rosies every year. I find 10 times that roll hunting.

My dime roll hunting has nothing to do with profit, or I'd have quit years ago. It's all about the hunt, and as long as I find silver, (1 silver per $150 searched for the last six years) I will keep on keepin on.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's safe to assume the original poster has long since given up considering he last posted almost 3 years ago and this thread is from 2011!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread