(2) $500 Boxes of Dimes from Bank of America...and no silver why???

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've searched many boxes of halves, quarters, dimes and nickels without finding any silver. Keep huntin' and Good Luck.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Once, very few searched dimes. Nowadays, everyone's doing it...keep on keepin on, they will come.

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010

Because 50-75% of your boxes will be skunks.
Because you got the boxes that were sorted at the sorting facility with no silver coins in them.
Because this is the harsh reality of this hobby more often than not.
Because if this was easy, lot's of people would be doing it.

Out of my last 42 boxes, 30 have been skunks so get used to it.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skelly9131 said:

Because 50-75% of your boxes will be skunks.
Because you got the boxes that were sorted at the sorting facility with no silver coins in them.
Because this is the harsh reality of this hobby more often than not.
Because if this was easy, lot's of people would be doing it.

Out of my last 42 boxes, 30 have been skunks so get used to it.

Straight and to the point.

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't consider changing things to only one type of wrapper up until you've skunked many more than that. Unless you get really lucky with big scores, most the silver you get will add up slowly, and you will skunk a lot of boxes in the process.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
sshafer11 said:
I wouldn't consider changing things to only one type of wrapper up until you've skunked many more than that. Unless you get really lucky with big scores, most the silver you get will add up slowly, and you will skunk a lot of boxes in the process.

Ditto! :laughing7:

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
My $500 BofA dime boxes lately have been averaging 1 per $1000 with seemingly endless solid 2011 Ds. I finally broke the cycle somewhat today with 6 silvers in one box. Just got to keep at it

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
VolumetricVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolume
VolumetricVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolume VolumetricVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolume VolumetricVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolumeVolume

Keep on Rollin' !

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on a 22 dime box skunk streak...and you thought YOU had it bad.

HH,
Cody.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I have done six boxes of dimes in my area, and are you ready for the grand total of silver dimes I have found out of those 6 boxes....??...?? ZERO!

So, my thoughts are that if you expect to find silver in every box...... find a new hobby.

OP
OP
barajas9536

barajas9536

Aug 24, 2011
TheRockDoc said:
I have done six boxes of dimes in my area, and are you ready for the grand total of silver dimes I have found out of those 6 boxes....??...?? ZERO!

So, my thoughts are that if you expect to find silver in every box...... find a new hobby.
To be honest that's what I expected. I was obviously wrong, but after reading everyone's feedback I'm not discouraged instead I'm encouraged. Thank you all!!!

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of boxes are skunks. You don't always find keepers

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
Hunting Dimes - The sad reality is unless you are prepared to do 20, 30, 40 boxes a week, every week, you will never accumulate any meaningful amount of silver. Your time is best spent at a part time job and purchase silver at market prices, if accumulation is your goal.

Unless you are a true grinder my advice is stick to halves!! There is heartbreak there also but better rewards when you do hit.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding silver coins is easier when using a good metal detector in the older parts of town. Even at old swimming holes where a concession stand was years ago. Coin roll hunting is doing it the hard way. I gave it up years ago.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I have always use dimes as go to for consistent silver. Even when nickels and halves skunk out dimes have always produced.
No more.
I used to order 20-30 dime boxes at s clip and easily pull 40-50 silver's.
Last time I ordered thirty I pulled 17 dimes and lost 30.00 on dumping inaccuracies.
No longer worth it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread