Are the glory days of high silver over??

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hah....not a chance

what you are seeing right now is reactionary selloffs to cover gaping arsehole's from the global recession.

"If you can't sell what you want, sell what you can" is what is happening now. Big traders and funds are selling there PM holdings or parts of to cover their paper losses.

HH
Bigheed

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
I bet the same question was asked back in the 80's when silver peaked at 50.00.The difference this time is we have seen a bottom of probably around 28.00 established We will see silver well over 75.00 an ounce I bet.HH

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I'm old but I expect to see $500 per ou. Silver before I check out.

Keep on Rollin' !

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Have the fundamentals of silver changed? No, there is still a lot more demand than supply. Is silver still undervalued? I don't think it is as undervalued as it was back in the days of $10 spot, but go into any coin shop and try buying junk silver, chances are you are paying nearly the same as you were back when silver was $38 an ounce, they've raised their premiums because, in a weird change of events, the paper spot price is different than the market, physical spot price. Are fiat currencies making a comeback? No, although the dollar has been rising as of late that is only in relation to other fiat currencies that are doing worse off (such as the Euro).

This is a case of a paper silver (and gold) sell-off, the physical market is doing just fine. Now, if I could go into a coin shop and pay a tiny premium over spot for junk silver in relation to the current spot price, yeah, I'd say that the market was going to go down, but when many coin dealers are running out of inventory and the demand hasn't stopped, I'd say this is just a minor setback and the long term future looks bright :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread