so found a chase to order me coins... but they want to know why?

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I asked my chase my work(cvs) deals with to order me coins, halves and dimes... and just said 1k a week...

they told me to come in monday and open an account with 1500 and i get 4 free tickets to a show...

but 2 questions...

does chase have any fee? i just want a savings account with no fees...

***THE BIG QUESTION.... they want to know why i want coins? they said to build houses and i said yea... i am thinking about telling them i fill coin books and sell them? what should i say?

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my only requirement for Chase was $500 direct deposit per month, they didnt ask any questions, if they do just say you are a collector and you want a steady monthly supply

Chase prides itself on being a "relationship based bank"

so tell them you want your share of the relationship.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Bigheed said:
my only requirement for Chase was $500 direct deposit per month, they didnt ask any questions, if they do just say you are a collector and you want a steady monthly supply

That's great advice right there. I use chase for my personal banking as well as a pick up bank.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigheed said:

I will probably be opening a Chase checking acct soon myself. I keep getting these $125 - $150 cash back offers and I've spoken to a couple of people at different Chase banks and they have told me the same thing - that there are no fees as long as I have a direct deposit of at least $500 a month. But I don't know about savings accts. Maybe you could have direct deposit to a savings acct also but I'm not sure. I haven't had a savings acct in many years.

Good luck & HH

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine is DD to checking, i got $150 cash back. ya'll are missing out almost a free 1/3rd of a box of halves!

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Chase is a tough one. I've been cut off from 3 different Chases after a single order of 4 boxes. I had another one ordering for me for a few months (4 boxes each of halves and dimes per week) but was cut off in July because they said it was costing too much money and they had no way of passing a fee on to me. I think they just didn't feel like ordering for me anymore.

I now found a high volume Chase that orders me 4 boxes of halves 2x a week. I could probably get more, but with my history of being cut off I'm not going to push it.

At all branches, I simply told them I was a coin collector.

I'm pretty sure all of their accounts have minimum balance requirements to avoid fees. I've never been charged a box fee for ordering coins though.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have a clue why you agreed that you were building coin houses. I don't really know what that is, but, just do as I do, and tell them it's none of their business, just order the coin.

mishra142

Oct 4, 2011
I currently order from a chase. I've only been ordering with them for about a month. just one box per week. This is the only bank so far that I get fed boxes rather than brinks. And so far all skunk.... :/

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Mishra I am in almost the same boat as you. While they haven't been all skunks from Chase, the majority of them have been and definitely a much lower average than brinks. I'm hoping as I dig deeper in to the pallets of fed halves I will hit the vein :-)

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I had the weirdest experience with Chase!
My brother called me and told me that his account got charge $37.50 for coins ordered this past month. He didn't order any coins from chase but I did. We live in the same town and I have been ordering boxes of halves. I was not told about any fees. My brother was able to get the fee removed but it was strange that his account was charged.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Oh Oh, I have been using Chase as my dump bank for about 3 years, just guessing but about 40 grand worth of non silver coins have been given to them in that time. They have always taken them without 1 issue. Figured since they got the dumps there was no sense in ordering anything from them or I would just be getting my same coins back.

Durendal

Greenie
May 14, 2011
I opened up a savings account with chase so I could use them as my dump bank. $300 minimum balance and there are no fees associated with the account.

So far no problem dumping with them or any mention of fees for using their coin counter, I only go through $1000 a week though. Haven't ordered from them so I don't know if they'd charge a fee for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions