does anyon get coins from chase?

sliver64

May 26, 2011
I get dime and penny boxes from the big chase in my neighborhood sometimes and don't even have an account. Just walk up and say "I need to get a box of dimes" and they usually give it to me no problem.

Sometimes i get smaller amounts at the other chases around here, but they usually don't have boxes. Although when I asked for halves she said they don't have any but could order some (i didnt tell her i dont have an acocunt, i just said i didnt want to order.)
All banks are different so just try it out and see

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to order two boxes of halves from a Chase bank last month and I was hoping to be able to order half boxes on a regular basis from that same bank but when I picked up my last box the vault teller told me that she probably wouldn't be able to order me anymore because coin boxes & orders are just supposed to be for people with business accounts and she only ordered those two boxes for me as a courtesy. I currently only have a Chase cc but I will likely be opening a Chase regular checking acct some time soon so I'm hoping I might be able to talk her into ordering me some more boxes after I do that but if she still says no then I'll just try elsewhere or just keep searching cwr's.

I was at a TD bank today and spoke to a really nice teller about maybe ordering a box of halves there and she said she would find out and call me back. I don't have an acct. there so I'm not to hopefull about it but I should find out for sure in the next day or two. I've had bad luck at other TD banks around town where I live. Some TD banks won't sell me any loose or cwr halves or any other coins at all because I don't have an acct there. OH well, thankfully most banks don't have that policy - or at least they aren't so strict about it.

Btw, when I was at that TD bank today I also asked for big dollar coins ad the teller said they rarely get them but she thought she could order me some of those also. I don't know if that is true or if she knows what she is talking about but I'm going to ask her about that again when I speak to her. Has anyone else ever ordered big dollar coins from a bank and would it be worth the trouble in hopes of maybe finding some good keepers?

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Chase is one of my main pick up banks. I regularly use 6-8 different branches in my area.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I don't have a standing order with Chase, but they are generally an excellent bank for coin if I am free styling.

I don't have an account with them, but they are generally open with the dimes. I've picked up two boxes of dimes in the past two days from Chase.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered 3 boxes of halves for Mon at nearby Chase. They asked if I had an Acct- said I have a CCard & pay lots of interest (dont pay any interest actually). Said good enough - we'll call u on Mon when they are in. Sweet. These will be my first Chase boxes... Pretty sure they will all be dream boxes... Somewhere around 345 40%s, 100 90%s...

Good luck & HH!

BB

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I hunt regularly at a bunch of chases for coins and i order at any when they offer or get to know me . As such that is true for any number of banks i have joined and go to regularly. Note tho that i usually only order 1 box once a month at a number of different banks/branches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread